Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Does anyone remember life without Cell Phones!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 47 Replies
  • 550 Total Views
4 moms liked this

I do!  People had to wait to bother you, they couldn't just call you when you were out driving or doing something like shopping. 

Hey I agree it's a comfort to have a phone with you when your driving or out somewhere.  However, often I feel it's a pain in the ass, to have to answer text messages or calls when I am busy doing grocery shopping or whatever! 

Now when someone wants to get in touch, ya don't have excuses to ignore them, ugh!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I remember purchasing my first house and some guy had just gotten a car phone. It was huge but we thought it was so cool.

oh, btw...I'm pretty old!

daisybelle1960
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM
4 moms liked this

You can still turn it off and they can leave a voice mail, or you can conveniently forget and leave it in the car while you shop. LOL~

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

do CB radios and an 8track player count?  Yes I remember even before that :)

mango44
by Sister on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM

well I'm 49 so I remember most of my life without the gadget!!! lol

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
DH (my BF at the time) bought a bag phone when they first came out...they were huge and we hardly had any service and it was super expensive. So funny to remember!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mango44
by Sister on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:53 PM

omg cb radios, yes I remember them I was like 13 when I had one, and my handle was "Silver Sky"  from that song from Boston "As clear as the silver sky"  And my mom's handle was LMAO "Butterball"  she was chubby!!!

KW1280
by Silver sister on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
OMG u brought back a memory of my dad folding the wrapper from a stick of gum to get the 8 track to work lol

Quoting firelites:

do CB radios and an 8track player count?  Yes I remember even before that :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Analeigh2012
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I remember. I even remember both of my grandmothers were on party phone lines at their houses. If it rang once you let it be, rang twice you answered. We used to pick it up and listen in on the neighbors when we were kids :) ahhh, and 8 Tracks. I remember those well. Of course my parents only had country songs.

I still like being undisturbed while shopping or driving and put my phone on silent while doing both. I check it between stores or before starting the car, but then back in my purse it goes. People can wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fnlyhappy65
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I love my off button!  Mute works too! 

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Quoting daisybelle1960:

You can still turn it off and they can leave a voice mail, or you can conveniently forget and leave it in the car while you shop. LOL~

lol, my kids never call my phone first because I often forget to get it out of the car.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)