Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Does anyone remember life without Cell Phones!

Posted by   + Show Post

I do!  People had to wait to bother you, they couldn't just call you when you were out driving or doing something like shopping. 

Hey I agree it's a comfort to have a phone with you when your driving or out somewhere.  However, often I feel it's a pain in the ass, to have to answer text messages or calls when I am busy doing grocery shopping or whatever! 

Now when someone wants to get in touch, ya don't have excuses to ignore them, ugh!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (41-47):
xjulia
by New sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Yes I remember. I also remember using a pay phone.

jlsjjsmom
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Heck - not only do I remember life before cell phones I remember PARTY LINES. We had 4 houses on one phone line. Each house had a different type of ring to let you know who the call was for. And often you'd pick up the phone to make a call out only to have one of the neighbors talking on the line. I also remember when you only had to dial the last 4 numbers of a phone number if you were calling from the same town.

alexgia
by Bronze sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
i am really remembering it right now as my cell phone has not worked for 2 weeks. i will be shopping for a new one tomorrow. anyone know of any good deals?
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I also remember party lines.  It irritated me no end when the other person on the party line would take the phone off the hook so I couldn't make any outgoing calls.  I liked life without cell phones.  If I was out, people had to wait until I got home to talk to me.

Aishamusty
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM

BUMP!

lovemymichael
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I remember! I remember saving up quarters and dimes so I could run to the gas station pay phone to make a long distance call because my mom wouldn't let me run up the house phone bill. Lol

soaringflutes
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Life without cell phones was certainly different.  But I still ignore texts and calls on my cell too.  I'm glad I have one, since I'm pregnant and the roads have been really icy here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)