Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Does anyone remember life without Cell Phones!

Posted by   + Show Post

I do!  People had to wait to bother you, they couldn't just call you when you were out driving or doing something like shopping. 

Hey I agree it's a comfort to have a phone with you when your driving or out somewhere.  However, often I feel it's a pain in the ass, to have to answer text messages or calls when I am busy doing grocery shopping or whatever! 

Now when someone wants to get in touch, ya don't have excuses to ignore them, ugh!

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
crzy4mc
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Yes! I had a life. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ButterflyFree67
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I remember those days..however, I turn my cell off at night. I believe that is why I have voicemail. If I take a nap or if I'm somewhere I don't want to be bothered, the phone gets put on silent and they can just leave a message.

KamWorthy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Wouldn't anyone over 40 know what it's like to be without a cell phone?
Barbiewithabeef
by Bronze sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Yes I used to be able to drive better without one ringing beside me with another call to tell me that I owed a bill! Really? Call my house phone cause I'm not gonna answer that one either!! LOL I will pay it when I am damn good & ready to!! Get in line!!

pasteeater
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I do remember. My mom used to drop us in the park or the movies until the bars closed. So we had no phone to help get us help if we needed it. I love my phone. I very rarely use it. But I have one son in Africa and my daughter lives on the other side of the country. My fourteen yr old is in four different things in school. Some times he's gone ten hours a day. Some times he's in trips for four or five days. I'd be lost with out updates from him. I have to have a cell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
turtle07
by Bronze sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:11 AM
I do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MariannLws
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

my kids always say to me "mom you never answer your phone" I tell them "I'm sorry. I do not have my phone glued to my face like you all do" LOL!!!!

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I remember life without cell phones but I feel like they have been around forever. I got my first cell phone in 2001 when I was a Junior

littlelamb303
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM

of course, and we managed just fine.  I have a very basic cell phone, only use for emergencies.  No one calls me on it because I do not give out my number. I am perfectly fine with my land line.  There are many new things I never caught up with though, including flat screen televisions.

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM

LOL I thought I was the only one left who felt like that! Peace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN