Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling guilty about cosmetic surgery!

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm getting boobs next week and now that it's all paid for and scheduled I'm feeling terrified, selfish, guilty, etc. This is something I've always been self conscious about but now that I'm taking the step I feel like it's silly and selfish and I can't stop dwelling on all the reasons I shouldn't be doing it. This time three years ago I didn't care if I lived or died and now I'm happily remarried and  freaking out that something might go wrong. I know women do this every day and probably a lot more have them done than I realize. It's very personal so I haven't told but a couple of people so I can't vent my feelings too much. Also, I've never had a surgery so don't know how I will really do. I can't even pray about it because I feel like it is a sin of vanity to be doing it in the first place. When I got all excited about going through with it I didn't even think about my religious beliefs and how this fit in. Then this morning I thought, well I wear makeup, dye my hair, and buy pretty clothes so why should I feel differently about this, it's not to show off. Oh, the conflict, oh well, just wanted to vent a little for the nerves!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Replies (11-16):
BL2010
by BL on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure you'll be fine. It's something that you want to do so I say do it and don't feel guilty. If it will help you feel better about things then there's no problem. Please let us know how it goes.

soaringflutes
by Sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I have had major surgery that was necessary, and it was no picnic.  That being said, I personally wouldn't have plastic surgery, but I'm a major wimp with pain...  I don't think there's anything wrong with it though.  GL!

NewMom11222011
by Bronze sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It's totally understandable that you're nervous about surgery.  I'm having two disks in my neck removed next Tuesday and I'm nearly apoplectic about it although I've had several other (unrelated) successful surgeries.  Don't overanalyze it, go for it!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Weighing in here, I have also had huge major surgeries. If I was extremely unsatisfied with how I felt about a certain part of my anatomy and I was confident in the surgeon to correct it I would go right ahead and not look back!

Good luck and let us know how you feel afterward.

hugs sweetie!

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this

if you don't feel you can pray, well I can, sending thoughts and prayer for a safe successful surgery and a speedy recovery

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:02 AM

If I had the cash I would do it....along with a bypass also! 

Good Luck, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)