Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

mil stress

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 245 Total Views
2 moms liked this
So i get through xma and alot of stress that came with it! Sunday mil calls and dh has words wiyh her ( as she demanded we come for new yrs dinner) so he told her we wouldnt be there! Then we ( kids and i have put up with pouty face dh since then) well dh s bday is next week which on his side means dinner with his folks! Dh went over to organize when and where ( as his mom has dementia and other illnesses, we decided to do take out and eat there at their house) well his mom wouldnt even talk to him about anything! Oh im so looking forward to sunday and dinner( well to tell ya the truth wasnt really looking forward to it before all this happened) i think ill have a glass of wine before going over! Hugs to you all and thanks for listening to my mil tale of wooh!
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Hugs

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Mine is a pain too! What's worse is that hub is a "Momma's boy!" Loads of FUN!

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am have grief from my in laws, we are supposed to drop everything and rush right over since queen Donna is in town, this could turn into a major rant, but I feel ya

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mariagma3:

Mine is a pain too! What's worse is that hub is a "Momma's boy!" Loads of FUN!

mine 2! Nornally anyway lol uuugghhh!
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Quoting firelites:

I am have grief from my in laws, we are supposed to drop everything and rush right over since queen Donna is in town, this could turn into a major rant, but I feel ya

I'm feeling for ya, believe me! HUGS!

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I was wondering if I could share something with you on the MIL line: My MIL is a gemini. I am a capricorn. They say that caps and gems supposedly don't get along the greatest. Get this: My future DIL, Anna is a gemini! We butt heads on occasion. But, I do love her very much. They're getting married July 6th. Just thought anyone might find that interesting!!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS... TG I don't have to deal with my MIL...we disowned her years ago..she was/is a very very very (I could go on) hateful biatch

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

*hugs* I had a strong drink once before going to MIL. They I drank more. Got sick. Didn't help me much. LOL

MentorMom1
by Gold sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Maybe this will brighten your load. My MIL is really very sweet. She's about 82. and from the South. Although she hasn't lived there in over half a century. she still talks like Scarlet O'Hara. And as long as we're talking about the South, if you have a service job, well, then, you are working in her personal employe .  Just smile and say, "Yes'm !" : ) She might just leave a tip. I declare, Miss Scarlet, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Quoting Mariagma3:

I was wondering if I could share something with you on the MIL line: My MIL is a gemini. I am a capricorn. They say that caps and gems supposedly don't get along the greatest. Get this: My future DIL, Anna is a gemini! We butt heads on occasion. But, I do love her very much. They're getting married July 6th. Just thought anyone might find that interesting!!

this is so funny my mil and i are both geminis! But dh is not only a mommas boy but a capricorn too boot ( yep we butt heads all the time) thank you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)