Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

if you were to compare your marriage to...

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

your parents and your in laws.... have you been married longer or shorter?  by how many years?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:55 AM

my parents - Im longer by almost 3 years

my in laws - Im shorter by 33 years

kam013
by Bronze sister on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Considering my parents are still married, they beat me by a long shot.  We are almost to the 25 year mark, they are about to hit 47 years.

My In-laws divorced when my DH was 3 years old, not sure how long they were married, neither ever remarried.  MIL is extremely happy that we have remained married as DH is the only one of her 5 children to remain married.  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Parents- I've beat them so far by 5yrs

in-laws- they were still married when FIL passed away (going on 49yrs).

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM

My parents I'm longer by 7 years.

My inlaws I'm shorter by 26 years

manilowgal
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Shorter because I didn't get married until I was 39. My parents and in-laws were married until death but don't know how many years. I would say we have a happier marriage than parents or in-laws.
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
DAD PASSED AT 36 AND MOMMA NEVER REMARRIED...TOGETHER FOR 14 YRS I HAVE BEEN MARRIED 42 YEARS SO I GUESS GRANDPA SND GRANDPA WIN WITH 62 YEARS.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhow
by Silver sister on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:30 PM

ours is far superior to both.  his mom was nasty to his dad it only lasted 11 yrs.  my parents should never have met.  they went on for about 16. we have been together for 23 married 18 pushing 19.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine and dh's parents are deceased.  They've been married all their living life to each other.  Dh and I are married 26 yrs.  We have no thoughts of divorce.

Shari55
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM

My parents got divorced, but were married for 45 yrs., believe.... they are better friends now. My dad did remarry to the woman he was cheating with she is a family friend that I have known all my life (her husband died from throat cancer). My mom never remarried and is very happy being by herself, she has my older brother living near so she can spoil his children. She has traveled extensively, and is just enjoying life.

My husband's folks I have no clue and he doesn't remember, they are deceased.

We will be celebrating 25 yrs. in April, so my parents marriage beats us....however we will never divorce, because we can't be without each other for more than a week... LOL 

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977) she is mom to five(3boys, 2 girls), Nyssa(April 1989) Michaela(August 1994) and four cats

artistmom889
by Bronze sister on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

shorter by 30 years or so.... but we're their kids, we haven't been around as long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)