Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

LIFE.......

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 242 Total Views
1 mom liked this

DId your life turn out the way you expected???

Mine didn't.. I have been divorced twice.. was a SAHM most of both marriages.. I guess I expected my                life to be like my mom's.. Her and my dad were next door neighbors.. My dad was married before and wife        #1 passed away.. leaving him with 2 young girls.. so 9 months later he married my mom.. she was always       a SAHM.. never drove.. totally depended on my dad for everything.. ( NO I NEVER WANTED MY LIFE LIKE           HERS ) but this was back in the early 1960.. she was still living at home when she married my dad.. I                 guess I just didn't picture my life being like it has.. One thing I have my 3 kids and I WOULD NEVER                   CHANGE THAT FOR THE WORLD !! And now 2 beautiful grand daughters.. OH and I should say I am                 happy with my life I have a great B/F and have come a long way.. I am a CMA /CNA and I also can give                 Insulin shots..  

What kind of work does your DH /SO /B/F do??? 

My B/F has a degree in accounting and his working for a major tax preparer.. and also has a paper route with the local news paper..      

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

In some ways yes.  Others no. 

I got married about when I expected and had kids when I thought.  I was married at 23 and had my first at 30.  Did I think I would move 9 times, heck no.  Did I think I would live in Italy, No. 

Married 28 years, yep, got married and knew it would be forever. 

hemlockprimrose
by Sister on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

In some ways yes.  Others no. 

I got married about when I expected and had kids when I thought.  I was married at 23 and had my first at 30.  Did I think I would move 9 times, heck no.  Did I think I would live in Italy, No. 

Married 28 years, yep, got married and knew it would be forever. 

That is great... and I guess that is what my life would be like.. EX # 1 is a total ass hole.. don't even know how I could of even married him.. But again I have my 2 DD's and we were stationed in Germany for 3 years DD # 2 was born there.. 

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:46 PM

No my life did not turn out like the fairy tale and they lived happily ever after.  I have two sons and am thankful.  I wanted kids.  He did not.  He had three from a previous marriage but all daughters by age 21.  One set of twins and two years apart.  He was still paying child support when we we met but then he has two sons so I would say that is a "Full House." 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

No mine definitly did NOT turn out like I thought...would I change it from what I have now?  Maybe a few things but it's my life and well I gotta live it as is LOL..

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM
No way! I was never going to get married or have kids. I've been married twice, still on the second one he's a keeper, and have 7 kids! I worked thru the first marriage and a sahm since then. I've done things over the years to bring in money, daycare, respite, and refurbish furniture now. My hubby works in dialysis, technical side, 28 yrs and very good at his job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manilowgal
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Up until I married, yes. I didn't want biological kids so didn't really plan to marry. I married at 39 and my life has been and adventure. I was always in control of my life until then. Major adjustment. Lots of ups and downs but I know dh and I were made for each other, and don't regret that decision. We just take what God hands us and do them best we can. if someone had told, me15 yrs ago that I'd be in Illinois I would have laughed in their face. I don't regret a thing and would not change a thing, even them tough times...they made me stronger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighmama
by Ash on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:45 PM
In some ways yes, some ways no. I always wanted to get married young, I did and we had the big white wedding. What I didnt expect is that we would divorce after 5 1/2 yrs. I left HIM, which I would never have expected. Got remarried as soon as the ink on my divorce papers was dry, literally 2 weeks later, hes 11 yrs older than me, which I wouldnt have expected. I had fertility problems and I ALWAYS wanted to be a mom, and with medical help I am! I have 2 boys, always pictured all girls, but now Im happy I have boys and not girls lol! I always wanted to be a SAHM like my mom, but never thought Id be due to being on disability for major depression. Im my dreams Id be married to a man with a great job and money, not rich, just not constantly struggling. I pictured myself in a really happy marriage, the fairy tale, I guess. Im not miserable with hubby, but wish we were a lot happier together. I guess I pretty much wanted what my parents have always had, what seems to be an almost perfect marraige. But I think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

My life pretty much has turned out the way I had thought. In some ways, no, others yes. There is very little in my life that I would change at all. The only thing I would change is that we would NOT have moved down here last May. That was the worst thing that ever happened to me!! So, all in all, not too terribly bad!

ashleighmama
by Ash on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Sorry, Im mobile and it doesnt like my long replies lol! I now think my parents relationship is a one of a kind, theyre perfect to me. My hubby is mainly a warehouseman, though for a few years he was a plumber working on brand new million dollar homes, while being paid so little we lived in the ghetto. I always pictured my kids being raised like I was, def. not rich, but we NEVER needed for anything, nor rarely WANTED for anything. We had a great childhood. I NEVER, EVER thought Id be on food stamps and going to food banks, but its ok, I DO have a LOT to be thankful for :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jebekarue
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I didn't really think much into the future about how I thought my life would be.  I always had hoped that I would have a family life like I did growing up.  We do, to a degree, I was one of 5 kids, and I only have 2 but the love and affection I grew up with is there.  I think back and wish I had finished college when I had the chance.  I am out of work and we are struggling, one kid about to be a senior in high school the other in 7th grade.  We moved alot.  we struggle and don't have alot for extras, my son was upset he couldn't take his gf to the movies this weekend.  But aside from the financial problems we are basically happy, we try and do "free" stuff or go to the beach.  We try and do fun stuff with the kids when we do have the extra money.  I always hoped I would marry a rich man, I did, he is rich with his love for us. 

My husband is an engineer (no degree) with a contract company for ATT.

I have done numerous jobs outside the home, most recently a temp position payment processor for a local hospital. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)