Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you know anyone who has been a victim of domestic violence?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 82 Replies
  • 1190 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you know anyone who has been a victim of Domestic Violence or Child Abuse?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 71

View Results

I wanted to reach out to my Cafe Mom friends and patrons and ask them to view the trailer for the movie This Can't Be love. Tell us what you think. Please help us in our fight against domestic violence and child abuse by visiting  Fundraiser link and donating atleast $1.00.  If you know anyone who is in an abusive relationship, encourage them to call the National Domestic Violence Hotline for counseling, domestic violence group meetings and Domestic violence shelters. 1800-799-SAFE.

The movie comes from my book This Can't Be Love. Click on the book to read the synopsis.

This trailer was made over a year ago when we first started filming. A new trailer will be made once filming is complete. Thank you Cafe Mom for your support. 

group hug

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peacheylady
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM
4 moms liked this
I was abused by my ex in many ways. Glad I got out of that alive. He would have killed me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for sharing.. I think it is important to get awareness out!!

allforedwards
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I was abused by my ex too. But I walked right into another abusive relationship. This one doesn't hit but the emotional abuse is just as bad. Working on getting out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Thank you so much. It has been a long process and the devil has been fighting me at every turn when it comes to producing this film. You wouldn't believe the struggle. That's why I know this message has to get out.  The abuse you see the child going through in this movie trailer came from my  own true life experience. I think the abuse I experienced as a child was some of the reason why I chose certain men and dealt with abuse in my adult relationships.

I think more women need to know about domestic violence shelters and what they can do for them. I also want people to stand up, call the department of human services when you know a child is being abused. If atleast one person had done that for me, alot of the abuse I experienced could have been stopped.

I also want to encourage authorites to take these complaints seriously and act in a timely and effective manner.

Please visit the link provided to help us in our fight. We ask everyone to please donate atleast $1.00. Please share the link on your social media pages.  $1.00 may not seem like alot, but to someone who is trying to reach a goal for a purpose, $1.00 means we are one step closer. The enemy will not stop this!!!

I know that God will return whatever you donate back to you a hundredfold. You might even get it back the same day, I've seen Him do it before when I've given someone something out of love...

group hug

Quoting dana63:

Thank you for sharing.. I think it is important to get awareness out!!

goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Thank God you were able to get out. What was the breaking point that let you know that enought was enough?

shake hand

Quoting peacheylady:

I was abused by my ex in many ways. Glad I got out of that alive. He would have killed me.

goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM

It's women like you that I am trying to reach. I know how hard it is to be in a relationship with someone and pray that they will change. To overlook the horrible things they say or do and give excuses for their behavior. But you deserve so much more. God created you for so much more joy, happiness, and peace. I don't know your situation and I don't know your finances, but their are support groups for domestic violence victims. Even if you are not ready to leave yet, atleast go to the meetings so that you can talk about your feelings and get support. There is a national domestic violence hotline that can direct you to any resources you may need. When I lfinally left my abuser, I called this number and this is what started my journey toward healing.... Give them a call. It might be good for you to take your children to counseling too. Even if they don't say anything, it is affecting them.  1-800-799-7233

hugging

Quoting allforedwards:

I was abused by my ex too. But I walked right into another abusive relationship. This one doesn't hit but the emotional abuse is just as bad. Working on getting out.

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

nice job!  keep us posted on your progress and release of this, I was abused as a child, kid, teen, and an adult.  took a long time to be with someone that was "the nice guy" cuz I had never been there.  I hope this all falls into place for you!

goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM

It's been a process lol, but I am a survivor. I know that God will provide and make a way. He didn't allow me to survive childhood abuse, spousal abuse, go through all these trials, and then not provide. My father doesn't work like that.  He said he is the author and finisher of my faith. You can visit www.aroundtheworldmedia.com and suscribe to keep up with our project.  Thank you so much for the love and support! 

angel

Quoting LFosterfarm:

nice job!  keep us posted on your progress and release of this, I was abused as a child, kid, teen, and an adult.  took a long time to be with someone that was "the nice guy" cuz I had never been there.  I hope this all falls into place for you!

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh the stories I could tell! I don't want to go into detail right now. But, my current has had a lot therapy to become the decent man he is now. Before then my family suffered a lot. Both physical and emotional abuse. I was usually his target with physical. I actually reported each time I went to the hospital. But, they knew him, and DID NOT report it. All four fingers on both hands have been crushed by him at 2 different times!

goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Wow, so he no longer abuses you or your children physically or verbally?

Quoting connietrrll:

Oh the stories I could tell! I don't want to go into detail right now. But, my current has had a lot therapy to become the decent man he is now. Before then my family suffered a lot. Both physical and emotional abuse. I was usually his target with physical. I actually reported each time I went to the hospital. But, they knew him, and DID NOT report it. All four fingers on both hands have been crushed by him at 2 different times!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)