Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

you f*** up!! up date: confronted son !!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 46 Replies
  • 840 Total Views

Is what my 17 year old told me today!! The followed up by why didn't you take the pill!!!
So I went to pick him up from work today on the way home got on the subject of having kids n stuff that's when he thought it would be ok to make his statement.. my kids I have sacrificed my life for have seemed to never have any problem speaking to me with such disrespect... He said I should have just had my three oldest and stopped .. huh just seems selfish n hurtful which are right up his ally sorta speak..

well it seems my post has gotten quite a lot of attention!!! thanks to those of you who were supportive and not judgemental/ridicule manner... i said to my son just a short while ago that he hurt my feelings by his statement!! he said well i didn't mean it the way i took it!! he said we were taking about having kids and he interpreted what i was saying is that having kids was bad all the way around.. i said no, son having  you kids has made me a better person the hard part is raising good ppl to enter into the world preparedto handle what ever comes their way that what so hard about it... obviously not having kids while your still a kid your self...

so it seems we all kinda misunderstand each other and sometimes get hurt feelings... but before i react in anger i wait and thank about it a while and the react i find its just a better way to deal with life's misunderstandings...

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

wow sun, im sorry....hugs

keljo05
by Kelly on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry as well, I wish I had some words of advice..but I'm speechless at the moment

:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smile357
by Linda on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.....my daughter has said the same thing to me at times. They do not appreciate anything sometime

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this

He said you F**ed up? That's messed up. Tell him to close his disrespectful mouth! Or next time, you could just pop him in the kisser. Ugghh, sorry!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow...I just don't know what to say. I might have lost it. (((HUGS)))

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey she SHOULD do that... I'd have back handed him.... we had to do that ONE time to oldest dd and she never ever said something like that again.

Quoting Mariagma3:

He said you F**ed up? That's messed up. Tell him to close his disrespectful mouth! Or next time, you could just pop him in the kisser. Ugghh, sorry!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:57 PM

these three are not necessarily related.

1) there is nothing wrong with giving your all to raise your children.  "sacrificed my life for" sounds like resentment.  either you made a choice and are happy with your choice, or you made a choice and regret it... but that is on you not him.

2) "never have any problem speaking with such disrespect"... was there ever a consequence for it?  If they learn from the get go that it is unacceptable, then it is unlikely you will hear such disrespect unless they are truly hurt, distraught, angry, etc.... if they know it is wrong and still say it, then the emotions must be VERY high and at the surface.

3) Is his younger sibling a full sibling or a half?  It sounds as if there is some hurt and resentment there that needs to be lovingly addressed, irregardless of how he presented his feelings.

Quoting sunflowers12:

. my kids I have sacrificed my life for
have seemed to never have any problem speaking to me with such disrespect...
He said I should have just had my three oldest and stopped .. huh just seems selfish n hurtful which are right up his ally sorta speak..

manilowgal
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I am so sorry. I think he would not have had a ride if he were mine. Hope he calms down and you can find out why he thinks he can speak to you that way.
.Holly.
by Texas Blondie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I agree with Sahlady, sounds like there is some hurt there. Why would he say that to begin with?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM

None needs to be treated with disrespect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)