Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UP IN SMOKE OR DOWN IN A BOX ?~ FINAL CHOICE

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 362 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I remember singing the old song, "the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out..."

Then, during the 80's  a group KANSAS came out with DUST IN THE WIND.

I had a heart to heart talk with both of my sons while they were 18 and 21. we all decided on being cremated rather than having a casket and a big hole in the ground.

~Marie;I AM ADDICTED to CafeMom!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

yep same here with me.  My dad had it done and my mom says she also wants it done.  My dh/dd's are still not sure lol..

I told dh if we have the money when I die (he said he FIND it) I want my ashes made into a diamond that younger dd wants-she said she'd wear it always..awww.  And, he can do the same with him & oldest dd if they'd like... I just don't wanna "sit" around in a vase/urn LOL..

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

*raises hand*

me too... I would rather be cremated.  The idea of having a grave seems burdensome to the living.  I would hate for my kids to feel any guilt over not "visiting"me.  I rather be scattered some where and be done with it.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be cremated and my remains buried beside my husband...no casket but a place for loved ones to visit. It is a lot cheaper and you can rent a casket for viewing.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Up in smoke for sure for me. I don't see the point in the other. I just wish they hadn't made cremation so expensive in the last decade.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I'm amazed to find more people choosing cremation over burial. Who wants to tie up that plot of land? "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

~ AT 40-ISH & BEYOND #7446

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I'm still undecided. Ray wants to be buried. I guess I have to decide someday...LOL

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Up in smoke for sure for me. I don't see the point in the other. I just wish they hadn't made cremation so expensive in the last decade.

I believe the cost is increasing because of the economy, and more people are choosing it nowadays.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

yep, me too i don't want the expense or drama just burn me up and stick me in a jar somewhere!! lol...

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I prefer to be cremated.  I also don't want to be kept on a shelf somewhere.  Use my ashes to fertilize some flowers or dump me in the ocean.

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Hmm, I never really thought about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)