Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

put your hands in the air and party like your.....

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 373 Total Views
2 moms liked this

83!

boy my fil is gonna do me in!  The in laws get here on Saturday night and will be here for a month.  So far here are the plans: family brunch that sunday 1/20, dinner out with family 1/25, dinner out with them 1/26, dinner in 1/27 with dd boyfriend, dinner party 2/2, wild animal park 2/3, family dinner 2/9.... and some where in there is a two day trip with me and my mil to visit her sister.

It may not seem like much but my 'family dinners' are with a large Italian family.... drink, food, dancing, and laughter into the wee hours of the night.

Im going to need a vaction from their vacation!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
campingmomof4
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Good Luck. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I envy all the memories you'll be making..

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I never grew up around family... so when my fil retired we begged them to come stay with us for a significant amount of time each year.  I was so thrilled when they agreed to visit for a whole month each year.  Im happy that my kids will have memories that I never had.

I offered the same to my mom, last year was the first time she took me up on it.  She is going to try again this year too.

Quoting starlight1968:

ivf_blessed
by Sister on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Sounds like fun!  Exhausting but fun!  Good luck!

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Wow, sounds like a great time. Have fun.

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Lol, have fun with it

jazzgirl205
by Sister on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

My Mama is half Greek and half Mexican so I totally know about those dinners.  Sometimes magic happens when the food is great and the company is great.  Someone starts toasting the saints which sends a ripple through the rest of the family then we end up toasting all our loved ones who have gone before us - fathers, husbands, wives, mothers, sisters, brother, sons, daughters - and their presence is felt right there with us enjoying the stories, the food, and the wine.  Treasure these moments.

Quoting sahlady:

I never grew up around family... so when my fil retired we begged them to come stay with us for a significant amount of time each year.  I was so thrilled when they agreed to visit for a whole month each year.  Im happy that my kids will have memories that I never had.

I offered the same to my mom, last year was the first time she took me up on it.  She is going to try again this year too.

Quoting starlight1968:

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I come from an Italian family. Most are back East. I really miss the loud, crazy dinners and get togethers.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Wow, that really sounds like fun!  I love being around my family and I could totally see spending a month with them and never running out of things to talk about and laugh over.

I hope the times goes slowly for you!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

thanks... I like the sound of that

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

I hope the times goes slowly for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)