Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

We have lots of new ladies joining out group lately, so I thought it would be fun to do another 'random facts' post!

Post any random fact(s) about yourself that you'd like to share.  It can be funny or just mundane, whatever you like.  Post often if you'd like!

I'll start!

I love purses and buy a new one each spring and winter. (But always on sale!)

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I love to drink wine...Oh and I make my own!!

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I was born and raised in Alaska. I have traveled 75% of the state. I have not been to way northern Alaska or way to the west, but otherwise, I've either driven by or lived there :D

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I wear a size 2 in kids (and that is because my feet swell LOL). I could wear a size 12-1, if they are wide enough. My grandma (dad's mom) wore a size 3 and probably could have gone smaller except she had fat feet too :D

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gramma53503:

over whelmed

to Sisterhood

I am Margie, divorced, single, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29, no grandchildren yet.  Criminal Justice Professional.  It is so nice to meet a new sister.  The more you post or reply the more I will get to know you better.  Have a nice day and welcome to sisterhood.

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I have never got a cavity!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM

My husband was born there too, his siblings used to tease him and call him a "territorial" because Alaska wasn't a state when he was born. lol

Quoting LACHESIS:

I was born and raised in Alaska. I have traveled 75% of the state. I have not been to way northern Alaska or way to the west, but otherwise, I've either driven by or lived there :D

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I had 2 surprise pregnancies and not in the way most people think of surprised! :D I mean *really* surprised. 

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I love to cook and throw dinner parties.

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Where was he born... Anchorage? I was born in a tiny fishing village (it recently got upgraded to a town!), called Petersburg in Southeast Alaska.

Quoting rosebud727:

My husband was born there too, his siblings used to tease him and call him a "territorial" because Alaska wasn't a state when he was born. lol

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Yes, Anchorage. His dad was in the Air Force so almost all the children were born in different states. You actually have so history and memories there, John doesn't remember anything but his older sister does and would tell us about going to school in the dark.

I have a 5 foot by 12 foot picture taken of Anchorage back in 1954, before my husband was born. My MIL saved it for years and sent it out to us. I had it professionally framed for my husband for his 40th birthday many years ago. It's quite the conversation piece.

Quoting LACHESIS:

Where was he born... Anchorage? I was born in a tiny fishing village (it recently got upgraded to a town!), called Petersburg in Southeast Alaska.

Quoting rosebud727:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)