Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have lots of new ladies joining out group lately, so I thought it would be fun to do another 'random facts' post!

Post any random fact(s) about yourself that you'd like to share.  It can be funny or just mundane, whatever you like.  Post often if you'd like!

I'll start!

I love purses and buy a new one each spring and winter. (But always on sale!)

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM

How very cool on the picture!! Glad they were not there for the earthquake! S.E. Alaska has been rattling a lot this past 2 weeks. 

It should be starting to get light more now. By summer it will be light pretty much 24/7 (it will get dusk, but never dark).  My dad was telling me it was bright sunlight the other day when it was pitch black here. :P 

Quoting rosebud727:

Yes, Anchorage. His dad was in the Air Force so almost all the children were born in different states. You actually have so history and memories there, John doesn't remember anything but his older sister does and would tell us about going to school in the dark.

I have a 5 foot by 12 foot picture taken of Anchorage back in 1954, before my husband was born. My MIL saved it for years and sent it out to us. I had it professionally framed for my husband for his 40th birthday many years ago. It's quite the conversation piece.

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I live in Central Michigan but m so ready for somewhere warm for a little while... we have a high water table, and I'm glad for that, but I'd like to live where there are at least hills... our land is flat as a pancake.

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I'm an Arizona Cardinals Football fan, Larry Fitzgerald is my man! Tho, my DH thinks the Kansas City Chiefs are my #1 team, cause that is his team ;)  I get so into the game, I yell, "don't make me come down there!" 

I'm also a huge hockey fan, We have a local team Dh trys to take me to see, there is a player from my home town! When he makes a goal, I'll yell, " That's my boy!" (I met him once and we chatted about our home town and he knows one of my nephews)  At hockey games, I also yell about the hitting, and fighting!(I despise the fighting, because the players don't realize one good hit, and if they hit the ice, head first w/o their helmet, they may not wake up again)

planning a wedding

LeetjieJ
by Gold sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I live in South Africa.
I loooove shoes - have about 300 pairs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I was a state's Women's Chess Champion in 1984.

rachel499
by Sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I never had a cell phone.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

wow... some of you have VERY interesting tidbits... I feel so dull.

I do a mud run once a year and LOVE it.

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been married to my wonderful husband for 21 years.

I will be 50 in February

My husband and both of our sons (20 and 16) have ADHD. Makes me wish I did, too. I am exhausted.

My husband and I own 2 small businesses, a plumbing business for 21 years and a bike and skateboard shop for 3 years. We are FAR from being rich, but we do OK, being able to raise our family fairly comfortably. The bike shop started because of our older son's Eagle scout project.

I rarely buy anything that isn't on sale.

I love coupons

I think I have a UTI right now. Seems pretty bad. Bad enough that I'm thinking it may be something a little more serious. Maybe I'll get it checked out tomorrow. I HATE doctors!

I love Judge Judy. Mom thinks she's too mean, but that's why I enjoy her. I love to quote her. My favorite is "do you know when a teenager is lying? When they open their mouth!" I use this all the time. Our boys just roll their eyes and ask me to stop watching Judge Judy.

Our 20yo son lives 45 minutes away with his gf of 3 years. I miss him with all my heart, but it sure is calm here without him. He's a real spitfire! He works at FedEx, she at a high-end restaurant. They pay all their own bills. I am very proud of them.

Our 16yo is a junior in high school and attending a vo-tech for diesel mechanics. He is a giant, 5' 10" and 280 pounds. He is my big baby doll. His older brother is only 5' 6" and weighs 145 pounds. They are hysterical. People we don't know are amazed that they are full-blooded brothers. They have a lot of fun together. It took 18 years for them to even be civil to one another, now they LOVE spending time together. They are nothing alike. Our older son is a"city boy", our 16yo, a big ol' redneck.

My family, as you can probably tell, is my LIFE.

We live in the country, surrounded by woods. It's beautiful.

We just bought the little house back that we started out in. My mom is moving there and we are so excited that she is! She will only be about 1/2 from us, instead of 10 miles away.

I am an only child. That's probably the biggest reason we have 2 children.

I own 5 cats. No, our house doesn't smell. They are spoiled and very well taken care of. My husband has a dog. She's OK, too. lol

I love to shop at Goodwill

We go to bed at 11:00 every night. Together. Has been that way over 21 years.

We have "Date Night" every Saturday. We have missed probably only 5-6 in the past 21 years, mainly illness or me giving birth. It's very important to us. My mom (LOVE her!) has taken care of our boys every Saturday from birth till about age 13.

I have only 1 friend. We grew up together. She was the maid of honor in our wedding (my only attendant), even though we let a long time go between connecting, we know we will always be there for each other. She is going through chemo for stage 4 breast cancer now. We have been through so much together. Unbelievable things. We have been texting daily now, since she has been diagnosed.

I sometimes go to Walmart in slippers, but never sleeping pants.

I have to make dinner now (aren't you glad?) haha

arthistmom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
My husband and I were married ten years before we had our first son.
Dora-rulz
by Sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Born & raised in WI. Now I live in TX w/ dh, ds & dd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)