Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Ugh! I'm so pissed and I feel so stupid!

Posted by   + Show Post
I just got my bubble freakin burst!! Argh! I was trying to reply to the post on getting to know you questions. Well, I admit, I am totally computer stupid. My son showed me a couple weeks ago how to copy and paste, but by this morning I had forgotten how. Well, I was bound and determined to figure it out, so while on that post on the computer, I used my phone and googled how to do it, I followed the step by step, and from what I could see, I actually did it! I was so excited! I kept telling hubby I'm a freakin computer genuis now. Well, once I hit the reply button, it posted everything I wanted it to, but it also added a bunch of other words I didn't want. But before I hit reply, those extra words were not shownig up in the reply box as I was answereing, just that question I wanted. Dammit! So when you see my reply to that post, I'm sorry for the way it came out! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Ashleigh
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-19):
BL2010
by BL on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM

lol... No worries Ashleigh. You'll get it. Message me if you want and I can try to help you through it.

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I am seriously laughing with you, I promise.  and I have had to ask so many stupid questions since I've joined cm it's not even funny!  I have decided I have platinum moments!!!

looneymom424
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM

It will become all good in a few weeks when you answer more posts.  I usually quote the poster when they do one of them...it is easier than copy and paste...

ashleighmama
by Ash on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Ive never actually quoted the original post like that and to be honest, I really couldnt figure out why that button was there for the original, my thinking was you dont need to quote the op, just respond to the post in the reply box. So, I guess that option is on the op for this reason. If you DO quote the op, how does it list the questions so you can answer them? Is that how some are answered with the question in one color and font and the answers in another?

Quoting looneymom424:

It will become all good in a few weeks when you answer more posts.  I usually quote the poster when they do one of them...it is easier than copy and paste...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:51 PM

It comes out like it was posted...you change the color with the Aand arrow next to it...sometimes I do sometimes I dont change the color...

Quoting ashleighmama:

Ive never actually quoted the original post like that and to be honest, I really couldnt figure out why that button was there for the original, my thinking was you dont need to quote the op, just respond to the post in the reply box. So, I guess that option is on the op for this reason. If you DO quote the op, how does it list the questions so you can answer them? Is that how some are answered with the question in one color and font and the answers in another?

Quoting looneymom424:

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM

You are probably light years ahead of me, so relax :)

alexgia
by Bronze sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
at least you tried. i wish my kids were closer so they could help me more.
sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:13 PM

oh goodness that doesnt make you stupid just a mistake... you get there it just takes time:)

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Laughing with you and not at you

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)