Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

trivial question for those who live in cold weather areas

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 225 Total Views

It has been oddly cold here in so. cal.  I dont ever remember it being this cold through out the entire day.  My last child kind of upset my internal thermostat and I am almost always in tank tops... but as of late I actually have long sleeves on And I found something out... I hate cooking in long sleeves... they really seem to get in the way.  So I ask those who wear long sleeves on a regular basis... is this an issue for you?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I live in NorCal and though I personally have issues with sleeves around my wrists in general I don't like being cold when I cook so I just push them up.simple smile

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Haha, I have to push my sleeves up at work to type..I know I'm weird.  And yes I push them up to cook also.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Sorry on the cold! No on the sleeve thing i m a fridgid person ( lol) year round i instead of tank tops, like you mine is a hoodie! And i cook,bake and all with that on! Stay warm and hope you will be in your tank top soon! Hugs
keljo05
by Kelly on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I push the sleeves up, lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM

When I am home, I normally wear a t-shirt.

Tikismom
by sister of the year on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I most often am in a t shirt and a fleece jacket.I get cold pretty quickly in the winter.when I'm on my laptop or watching tv I almost always have a throw covering my legs.If I have my jacket on when I start cooking I take it off as my kitchen warms up when the stove or oven is on.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM
They only get in my way when I'm doing dishes...they get in the way of my rubber gloves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I have to roll/push them up or sometimes I'll just change my top lol..I don't like my sleeves in my way either.

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Yes, they are bothersom.  I rarely wear long sleeves even though I'm in Washington state...and if I do they are light weight and I will push or roll them up.  Even when I was cooking professionally I always had my sleeves rolled up almost to my elbows in my chef coat.  

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Nope. I have no problems with long sleeves. If they are sort of big and get in the way then I just push them up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)