Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

trivial question for those who live in cold weather areas

Posted by   + Show Post

It has been oddly cold here in so. cal.  I dont ever remember it being this cold through out the entire day.  My last child kind of upset my internal thermostat and I am almost always in tank tops... but as of late I actually have long sleeves on And I found something out... I hate cooking in long sleeves... they really seem to get in the way.  So I ask those who wear long sleeves on a regular basis... is this an issue for you?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-18):
LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

here is my issue, i can't wear enough clothes right now it's so damn cold!  so it's long sleeves and a sweat jacket.  I am not a fan though they bug the crap outta me!  I push them up to cook and clean and then pull them down, it's literally a constant battle all day long!

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Yes. I really dislike long sleeves. I almost always dip my sleeve! :P 

manilowgal
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Just push them up. I do wear t shirts a lot around the house because I tewnd to get hot moving around. Then when I sit I'm usually under a blanket like I am now.
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM

No, but then I wouldn't know anything different.

suetoo
by Sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

We live near Buffalo NY. Just layer up, or get a long sleeve T in one size smaller so it will be tight under a tank?

Dqnana
by Sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I opted years ago for 3/4 sleeves. I can layer something else over itand then roll the ends up if I need to ... seems the best of both worlds.
Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I live in Ohio and love sweatshirt weather.  When it is cold I always wear a sweatshirt around the house.  If the sleeves are in my way I just push them up.

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Isn't it cold??!! I'm laughing at myself because I used to live in "real winter" areas and I'm making such a huge deal out of this california cold snap. Granted, I don't really have working heat in my house so that makes it seem colder.

I actually wear arm warmers a lot of the time, since my arms get chillier than my body does. I can type and do things with them on but yeah, I can't cook with them and have to push them up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)