Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
My kids recently have been complaing about having pizza and speghitti all the time .,we are on a fixed budget so it's hard to get things .well this evening I chose a chili casserole it was a flopp mess!! It called for 3 eggs ,flour ,and cheese .bless hubby's heart he was man enough to eat it .my son bitched (sorry for language) and complained about NO MEAT in the dinner!! And had to know what was in it .i have felt really low tonight .it seems I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't .im fed up with folks who want to make a big deal over dinner .i told my teen that the recpice didn't call for meat .he got mad .im just fed up with fixing for those who don't appreciate it at all .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Replies (21-21):
lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Sorry this happened to you. I know how it is to get into a rut for dinner, always making the same thing and having trouble coming up with new things everyone will like and eat.

I dont know how old your son is, but if he is old enough to complain then he is old enough to help make dinner.

First and foremost he should apologize to you. 

When things settle down or you have time to talk, ask him what kind of food he would like for dinner and then recruit him to help.  There are many more Male chefs than women chefs, so he has no excuse in that department!

Believe me if it wasnt dinner he was getting upset over, it would be something else.  Sounds like he could be going through that seperatation from mom phase.  Not all, but many boys talk like that to their moms at some point.  Been there done that, good luck to you hun.   chin up!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)