Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Oldest getting married

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 33 Replies
  • 345 Total Views
2 moms liked this

So, my oldest boy, 24, will be getting married this year.  He and his long-time girlfriend just told us the date. May 21st.  Go and check your calendars.  I'll wait.

Okay -now that  you're back, you're probably laughing.  Yes, it's a Tuesday.  I actually called him when I got home and asked him if there was any significance to that date.  And, apparently there is.  It's their anniversary.  Isn't that sweet?  But, a Tuesday?  Really???  Ahhh - young love.

Terri

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
may_b
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Congrats! 

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM
DS will be 13 on that day! In July we have a wedding on a Thursday. It'll have to be an early night. Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Thanks ya'll.  :)

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Congrats. Kinda weird to me to get married on a weekday. I am guessing they are having a very small intimate wedding.

BL2010
by Snookims on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

LMAO... congratulations! But a Tuesday... sheesh, at least there was a reason behind that date.

TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably in her parents back yard.  They both work at the daycare center where the youngest child goes (he's even a teacher in her classroom this year).  Neither family is very big but they just want something intimate and small.  I'm so excited!  It's about time - they've been together for about 6 years now.  

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Congrats. Kinda weird to me to get married on a weekday. I am guessing they are having a very small intimate wedding.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM

aw congrats...

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats! look on the brite side it will be easier to get arrangements made, less competition on a week day

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM

well on the up side everything will be cheaper for a weekday wedding!  

TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM

And, since they're actually looking at something practical... it looking to be very reasonable (for a wedding).  :)

Quoting sahlady:

well on the up side everything will be cheaper for a weekday wedding!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)