Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, my oldest boy, 24, will be getting married this year.  He and his long-time girlfriend just told us the date. May 21st.  Go and check your calendars.  I'll wait.

Okay -now that  you're back, you're probably laughing.  Yes, it's a Tuesday.  I actually called him when I got home and asked him if there was any significance to that date.  And, apparently there is.  It's their anniversary.  Isn't that sweet?  But, a Tuesday?  Really???  Ahhh - young love.

Terri

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Replies (31-33):
TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Yes, I'm preparing myself for that now.  LOL We started over by having a girl after our last boy (3 boys) was 18 years old.  I LOVE it and wouldn't change it for the world.  They all are such a blessing  and joy to us.  

Quoting LFosterfarm:

ok well, it will come some day, and they are a blessing!  even when you don't get to see them!  lol, I did get a chuckle outta that!

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Grandma??? Oh perish the thought!  I'm only 29 - no WAY they can have kids yet....  LOL

Quoting LFosterfarm:

well it sounds like everyone is going to be blessed all the way around, that's awesome.  now you have to get creative when it comes time to the grandma situation with both of you having the same name! lol

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Yes, I do get to go.  I'll take the day off from work and help get everything ready.  She's a real sweetheart and my son takes very good care of her.  And her mom's name is Terri, too!!  :)  How fun is that?

Quoting LFosterfarm:

lol do you get to go to the wedding?  and congrats on getting a new daughter in law!

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:26 PM

well I certainly hope when it happens that you feel just as blessed as I'm sure you will.  the hard part for me was I still have kids living at home so being a grandma was a bit weird!  and I don't get to see them very often. :(

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Yes, I'm preparing myself for that now.  LOL We started over by having a girl after our last boy (3 boys) was 18 years old.  I LOVE it and wouldn't change it for the world.  They all are such a blessing  and joy to us.  

Quoting LFosterfarm:

ok well, it will come some day, and they are a blessing!  even when you don't get to see them!  lol, I did get a chuckle outta that!

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Grandma??? Oh perish the thought!  I'm only 29 - no WAY they can have kids yet....  LOL

Quoting LFosterfarm:

well it sounds like everyone is going to be blessed all the way around, that's awesome.  now you have to get creative when it comes time to the grandma situation with both of you having the same name! lol

Quoting TerriAnne2606:

Yes, I do get to go.  I'll take the day off from work and help get everything ready.  She's a real sweetheart and my son takes very good care of her.  And her mom's name is Terri, too!!  :)  How fun is that?

Quoting LFosterfarm:

lol do you get to go to the wedding?  and congrats on getting a new daughter in law!

TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I went to pick up DD at daycare on Friday and the oldest (one of her teachers in class) told me that he and his fiance had decided to go to London for their honeymoon.  I started crying.  He laughed at me but did hug me and tell me it was going to be all right.  Then he got a tad concerned becasue mom was crying.  He asked me what was wrong and all I could say was that my baby was getting married.  Okay - he IS 24 years old but he's still my baby.  I then told him I would pay for the honeymoon.  My oldest baby.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)