Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do You Feed Your Dogs Beneful?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you feed your dogs Beneful dog food, please read this article. It could save your dog's life.

http://www.examiner.com/article/purina-s-beneful-dog-food-killing-dogs-nationwide-no-recall-issued-by-fda

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (11-18):
LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
I buy dog food at tractor supply. We had then on the high dollar stuff thinking it would be better for them and they stopped eating! They were losing fur and everything it was horrific. So i put them back on the crappy tractor supply brand and they're doing good! Go figure!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM

ty I had to go look cause I knew we'd had it once...I don't think Pickles would eat it so we tossed it ...I know we've done that and it's the only one missing (we use 3 different kinds to give her a variety)...

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Thanks but no I don't, mine eats Marksman 20/10

roxxyt
by Roxane on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:35 PM
We do nutro. We had tried beneful yrs ago but only for a short time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM

sorry No Dog

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Quoting CollinBayleeMom:

EVERYTHING Purina makes is JUNK, but Beneful is THE worst!  Just look at the ingredients!

I agree! I used to feed my other dog Purina products until my vet said the purina was causing kidney problems in him. As soon as I switched, he was fine. That was about 15 years ago. With Wolfie, I feed him Fromms. They are a small company that has been around since 1904, and they grow their own ingredients.

All you need to do is check out the first three ingredients to see if a dog food is a good one. The first ingredient should always be meat. As an example..

Beneful's first three ingredients..

Ground yellow corn,chicken by product meal, and corn gluten meal

Fromms first three ingredients..

Duck, Chicken meal, and chicken

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM

YIKES! I feed my dogs IAMS. It's the only food that actually fills them up so they don't want to keep eating (and gaining too much weight) all day long. I bought store brand dog food just to get us by until I could get to Costco, and OMG it was like dog chips. They were constantly hungry - total junk food!

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

That explains why my dog Chewbacca stopped eating while he was on Beneful.I paid so much fot that thinking it was great for him and then my husband went and bought something much cheaper, he loves it.I am so picky about brand names and when we went to a cheaper dog food, he almost immediatetly started to get so much better.He is back to digging holeslaughingI am glad you shared this as I had already stopped buying it.He is such a wild man now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN