Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How many mom's live in or near Chicago? Let's start having Cafemom outings again.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, my name is Patricia. When I lived in Chicago 4 years ago,  we started having Cafemom outings. We went to the movies, bowling etc.. It was fun., we even posted the pictures on Cafemom and Facebook.

But I moved to Atlanta and I didn't start it back. Well I am back in Chicago and I wanted to see if the Chicago Cafe Mom's wanted to start having outings again.

So if you are interested and live somewhere near chicago  introduce yourself to the other Chicago Moms so we can start planning.  We can do stuff together with our families, and then sometimes we can have Mommy nights out . ...

shooting photo

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (21-30):
goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Thank you!!!!

blowing kisses

Quoting cuteoverload:

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Dog gone... you think more ppl would live in AZ....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sassy71
by Sister on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:38 PM

some parts of Harvey (154th & 155th) are ok, but where I'm at embarrassedlol. My oldest son calls the "dark side" of Harvey. It's this one block over and I kid you not it is 2 houses on the block that have not been burned out. Seriously, my boyfriend calls this the 9th ward (n I've never been to louisiana) but I truly feel like I'm living on that block (remember the series that came on cable years ago called "the corner" a street/ neighborhood in Baltimore about all the drug using and gangs) on The Corner. It's just bad and I'm grateful that I got a place that I could afford and get my kids back home (long story) it was what I needed to get back on my feet. But I lived in Cal City before I came over here.

Quoting goins1119:

Harvey is right around the corner too. LOL, why do you hate Harvey, IL?

way to go

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting sassy71:

I'd love too. I'm in the south suburbs

What part of south suburbs are you from.. I was born and raised the the Chicago Area.. sill have alot of family up there ... 

Harvey....sticking out tonguelol and I hate it. 

goins1119
by Bronze sister on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Yea, I understand. Depending on our situations, sometimes we have to crawl before we walk and sometimes learning to walk again can put us on shaky grounds. But thank God the Lord promises that "ten thousand may fall at your left and ten thousand may fall at your right, but non will come near thee." So just continue to keep your neighborhood  and your family in your prayers as you gracefully go from crawling to walking to running. Sleep in peace knowning that God has you covered no matter how crazy the neighborhood you live in may be...

quiet

Quoting sassy71:

some parts of Harvey (154th & 155th) are ok, but where I'm at embarrassedlol. My oldest son calls the "dark side" of Harvey. It's this one block over and I kid you not it is 2 houses on the block that have not been burned out. Seriously, my boyfriend calls this the 9th ward (n I've never been to louisiana) but I truly feel like I'm living on that block (remember the series that came on cable years ago called "the corner" a street/ neighborhood in Baltimore about all the drug using and gangs) on The Corner. It's just bad and I'm grateful that I got a place that I could afford and get my kids back home (long story) it was what I needed to get back on my feet. But I lived in Cal City before I came over here.

Quoting goins1119:

way to go

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting sassy71:

What part of south suburbs are you from.. I was born and raised the the Chicago Area.. sill have alot of family up there ... 

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting goins1119:

Yea, I understand. Depending on our situations, sometimes we have to crawl before we walk and sometimes learning to walk again can put us on shaky grounds. But thank God the Lord promises that "ten thousand may fall at your left and ten thousand may fall at your right, but non will come near thee." So just continue to keep your neighborhood  and your family in your prayers as you gracefully go from crawling to walking to running. Sleep in peace knowning that God has you covered no matter how crazy the neighborhood you live in may be...

quiet

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting goins1119:

way to go

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting sassy71:

Is Cal city aka Calumet?

sassy71
by Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

oops, yes it's Calumet City, I forget I can't abbreviate for people that aren't familiar with this area. Sorry......and thank you goins1119 for the words of encouragement.

Quoting Mariagma3:

Quoting goins1119:

quiet

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting goins1119:

way to go

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting sassy71:

Is Cal city aka Calumet?

hemlockprimrose
by Sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sassy71:

Quoting hemlockprimrose:

Quoting sassy71:

Harvey....sticking out tonguelol and I hate it 

I was born in Harvey... that was almost 50 years ago.. 

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

KymberleeAnn
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM

This would be so fun but I'm not in Chicago.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I am from Illinois, but now live in AR. I'll be back someday soon. I lived in the Northern suburbs, like Gurnee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)