Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

do you have a ......

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
  • 43 Replies
  • 488 Total Views
2 moms liked this

candy dish out at your home?

when I was little my grandma always had a candy dish out in the front room with ribbon candy.  I thought this was just wonderful and made sure to register for one when I got married.  I have it sitting on a table right by the front door and always have some sort of little treat in it.  when my childrens' friends visit taking a candy is usually the first thing they do before they start to paly.  I currently have it filled with a mix of individually wrapped lifesavers, mints, and butter-scotches. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmamaw
by Fairy Dogmother on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM

No, but I have one on my desk with assorted wrapped candies and dum-dum suckers. My boss buys the candy. Right now- small tootsie rolls are everyones fave.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Are you kidding? Absolutely not! lol.

My grandmother's both had that sticky ribbon candy that when you went to grab a piece all of the candy would come out with it at once.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

LoL... I know that was the problem with that ribbon candy.  But somethng about knowing it was there made me feel so welcomed and just left me with such a nice feeling that I knew I wanted one in my house when I had kids.

I dont put any candy in that I would want to eat other than mints.

Quoting rosebud727:

Are you kidding? Absolutely not! lol.

My grandmother's both had that sticky ribbon candy that when you went to grab a piece all of the candy would come out with it at once.

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I keep a treat bowl in the kitchen with fruit and candy in it

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I too have a fruit bowl in the kitchen.... hubby calls the fruit "gods candy".

Quoting firelites:

I keep a treat bowl in the kitchen with fruit and candy in it

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:09 PM

No. Nobody in my family ever did this. I did have a friend in high school and her mother did this. My friend's boyfriend came to visit, took a piece and there were bugs in them! Haha he was so disgusted! I will never forget that. I guess the candy was there a while.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LMBO... ewwww... I guess that wouldnt leave the same kind of lasting impression that I had... a lasting impression YES, but not the same.

Quoting 1squishysmom:

No. Nobody in my family ever did this. I did have a friend in high school and her mother did this. My friend's boyfriend came to visit, took a piece and there were bugs in them! Haha he was so disgusted! I will never forget that. I guess the candy was there a while.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I dont, because my little ones would eat too much when I was out of sight. I usually give in when they ask, though :)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

I have a small cookie jar full of candy in the kitchen.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I sure do! Mine is a silver hershey's kiss! It is so cute! Anthony used to love grabbing kisses from it! God, I miss that boy! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)