Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

candy dish out at your home?

when I was little my grandma always had a candy dish out in the front room with ribbon candy.  I thought this was just wonderful and made sure to register for one when I got married.  I have it sitting on a table right by the front door and always have some sort of little treat in it.  when my childrens' friends visit taking a candy is usually the first thing they do before they start to paly.  I currently have it filled with a mix of individually wrapped lifesavers, mints, and butter-scotches. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Replies (41-43):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Nope. There would never be any IN the dish :P

RonLee51
by Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

When I was a kid, my mom used to have a candy dish that would have ribbon candy at Christmas time, and the rest of the time, either butterscotch, red & white striped mints, or even Spanish peanuts, and raisins. It wasn't full all of the time, but once in awhile. I particularly liked the ribbon candy, and the peanuts and raisins.

jazzgirl205
by Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

In my other house, I kept a crystal jar full of shortbread cookies next to the sherry decanter in the diningroom.  For children, I kept a tin of homemade cookies in the kitchen.  I always said that my house ran better when it contained liquor and cookies.

Oh, now I remember!  At Easter, I used to have a covered candy dish full of pastel m&ms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)