Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I guess its time to really get the awareness out......

Posted by   + Show Post

As you all know I have full custody and trying to adopt my oldest granddaughter. Tinker has been with me since day one and never left me except 3 weeks when she was a month old. She is going on 7 next week and she is the light of my life.. With that said.....

I walk to pick her up from school so I get up there 15 minutes early. I have been talking to some of the parents the last few days and come to find out that out of 10 parents that 8 of us are raising a child that they have or adopting. They are either a child of someone in the family or placed with them. We all got together and was talking and amazed the number of us that are start over moms. We are a proud bunch and proud of our babies and will keep talking and supporting each other.

This awareness needs to get out because each year the number of people who are raising a child that is another families child (for whatever reason) has grown to over 3 million and grows each day.

I would never change my life and the others will not either but if we dont have awareness for legal matters and support we might lose our child back to the parent even if it is 10 years later if they dont have custody.

Hugs~~

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Replies (31-31):
stuswf
by Gold sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Yes it is sad...that it happens that out of the picture parents after year want and or take their kids back to once again disrupt their lives. There is a group called "grandparents raising grandchildren " they do work on grandparents rights. I only know of them .....maybe research them on the web?????? Yes awareness us needed!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN