Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

rant at my dh, sorry a update!

Posted by   + Show Post
My dh doesnt believe in paying for cable tv ( so we have the converter dtv box from the goverment) we also live in a hole ( below kind of a hill) we did go get a 100$ plus antenna!
Well like sat we didnt get the football game (dh goes up and turns the antenna to see if we can get more channels) and then we scan to see what we get
So tonight i wanted to watch dr oz with the charlie sheen, and it was breaking up, so before dh goes to take our ds to a meeting, he starts messing with the tv to where all we get is a spanish channel! Uuuggghhh! Im so tired of either having to go to my in laws to watch a game or calling some other family member to invite ourselves over! Is it asking to much to have reliable tv stations ( im talking abc, cbs, nbc the major ones not like the sci fy channel or hbo or anything, yes i know they are talking layoffs at his work and this sounds so totally selfish as i type this out) but id like to be able to watch a greys, modern family or once upon a time without having to wonder if we get that channel! Uuugghhh!

P.s. we get all the spanish channels and church channels fine just not the regular stations, odd huh!
Thank you all and hugs!
Ok looked into cable, after a yr it goes up 30$, so after a 3 rd day of no tv! I did what mr potatoe would do and looked at dh with my Angry eyes! And today he took down the expensive antenna and it looks like raccoons got into the chip, so he went and got a indoor one and we have tv! I want to go bon bons now! Thank you mommas for listening to my rant ( i know there are more important things then my loss of tv!) Hugs very proud of my dh for doing everything ( he is been on the roof soo many times this past week and now we have a indoor one lol) thank u ladies
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-12):
FiddleCat
by Sister on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:58 AM

I myself don't watch alot of TV. I'm usually practicing my fiddle or reading a book. But if I want to watch I can almost always find something on. Maybe you could call the cable company and ask for a free trial? Tell dh they had a deal of a few months free and see how quickly he'll enjoy it and not want to give it up. Or call local cable and tell them you don't have any plans for TV and your deciding wether you want cable or satilite and see if you can get a few months free or discounted. Not sure if they can do it..but it's worth a shot.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I don't have access to cable here so I watch shows on youtube.

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)