Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

If I just pretend REALLY hard that it isnt happening.... do you think it will go away?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • 394 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Im so nervous to find out what this noise is....SO NERVOUS.  Every time one of my kids takes a shower or drains the tub in the upstaris kid bath, I hear a drip drip drip down stairs in the kitchen ceiling.  

I live in so. cal. in one of these newer planned communities.... you know where they build literally 1000 homes every couple months.  So some of the neighbors have had some pretty serious pipe issues over the years.  When I say serious I mean having to take the dry wall off, fix the plumbing, and in some instances dealing with mold and having to redo whole rooms.  My neighbor, different floor plan, just had to replace an entire bathroom upstairs, and kitchen directly below because of mold from a dripping pipe.

My stomach is in knots.  Im thinking I might postpone calling the plumber until mid Feb. when my in laws leave.  I can not imagine the house ripped up AND house guests.

LoL.... actually, this will be a good test for murphy's law... because we have to start paying for college this year, and hubs and I were just saying what a good place we were in.... so naturally murphy's law would dictate that it be a MAJOR issue with the drip.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Well hopefully it won't be a plumbing nightmare. Don't put it off too long though, water damage isn't something to take lightly.

campingmomof4
by Sister on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I would wait.  It might make matters worse if you wait.  If you get the leak now you might save yourself alot of issues that you might have because of waiting. 

"One kind word can warm three winter months."
-  Japanese proverb

keljo05
by Kelly on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I know its only a few weeks but with water issues i'd have it checked out immediately. They can then advise you if it can wait, but if worsening it may not become catastrophic. Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:37 PM

can you at least call someone to look at it so you know?

PartyGalAnne
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

DO it now. It WILL get worse! What could begin as simply a loose fitting CAN turn into drywall, pipes, carpet, cabinets.......

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

house guest and home repair rarely go well together, you might check "bath crashers" on it's either hgtv or diy for their web site and see if you can catch their crew hanging out at Lowe's and have a pro do over on your bathroom, other wise I hope it's not too costly on the repairs

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Possibly have good news for you. IF it ONLY happens when the shower / tub is drained then it could just be a leak in the tub shoe... not a major thing. BUT I would call someone to see if they can come out and give you a free estimate or possibly pay a plumbing service call inspection fee to have them come out. Dont want a major problem to arise by waiting too long. ((hugs))

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM

don't they give free estimates?

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM

better get it looked at... water will not get better only worse.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

the only way to really "look" at it would be to cut through drywall.  The sound isnt directly under the shower... it is about 8 feet away where the pipe would make a turn down through a wall.  That wall is the center of my kitchen cabinets.  I dont see how they could really take a good look with out making a HUGE mess.

Quoting starlight1968:

can you at least call someone to look at it so you know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)