Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Author Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas series

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 429 Total Views
2 moms liked this

I am a big fan of this series. Odd Thomas is such a likable incarnation: humble, well mannered, witty, and always interesting. I usually read the each installment as soon as it hits the stands, and eagerly await the next. I am currently in the middle of Odd Interlude; and I wonder if Annamarie is really a reincarnation of Stormy, in some way. What is the last good book you've read? 

Dawn
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I love the novels but what you are reading doesn't sound the same. Are you reading the Graphic Novels?

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:19 PM

It says it is a special adventure, and not one of the novels. It was a 3 part digital series, now together in print.  Frankly, I didnt know the difference, until you asked. The next novel is Deeply Odd, I believe.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are the novels:

Here are the graphic novels

Here is what you read?

Odd Interlude (June 11, 18, and 25, 2012) (3-part novella)

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

You might find this interesting:

Odd Passenger

A four-part webisode series debuting in April 2008, Odd Passenger details events between Brother Odd and Odd Hours. They were directed by Jack Paccione Jr., with Odd being played by Anthony Marks.[1] In it, Odd encounters a fellow ghost-seer who has been driven mad by his visions of the lingering dead. This leads Odd to fear for his own sanity, and ponders whether or not he too will be driven to madness by his second sight. The series ends at the beginning of Odd Hours, with Odd witnessing a vision of the end of the world while visiting Magic Beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Th9JJLCQA

Also thse books are in the works:

• Odd Apocalypse (July 31, 2012)
  • Deeply Odd (currently scheduled for release May 28, 2013)
  • Saint Odd (currently release date unknown)

Dean Koontz has stated (in an essay at the end of the Odd Thomas graphic novel) that he "now believe[s] that, God willing, there will be six Odd Thomas novels," although at the 2008 Comic-Con in San Diego Koontz amended this by stating there would be a total of seven Odd Thomas books. "I know how it ends," said Koontz. "But I don't know how he gets there yet."

And a movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1767354/

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, that is the book I am reading. Thanks for all the info; I would enjoy all the others. I have read the first 4 novels, then Odd apocalypse and the current book. I had hoped there would be more than 6 novels; in the end, of course, he'll die and be with his Beloved Stormy.

stuswf
by Gold sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I LOVE ODD THOMAS!!!! Well, Stormy believed in reincarnation ......have you read Dean Koontz from the corner of his eye? Oh that book was so poignant & beautiful!!!! I cried tears of both empathy & happiness through that whole book!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM
 No, I havent read that one; sounds great. I'll check it out. Thanks! I have read other Dean Koontz though, and all are good. Amazing story teller. But I think Odd Thomas is his greatest creation.
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Fifty Shades of Grey.....I have a Kindle to use for reading and mobile now lol

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You know Dean wrote a book way back in the day i was still a ten about a young boy. I loved that book have no idea of the name but wouldn't mind my youngest son to read it. Any ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to have to check these out.  Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)