Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

help me understand, please

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 282 Total Views
With everything that is going on ( almost going over the cliff,the new chunks out of our take home pay, ppl unemployed etc) why this week are we spending big time money for a second inauguration for a secomd term for President Obama! Im all for uniting the country after a very divided election, and all ( i dont think viewing the conflict of trying to pass the cliff brought our house or congress and the Prez any closer ( or us to them lol) i just dont see the need to make a week long big party with so many families hurting? I just read what they are serving for the inauguration lunch ( as i didnt get my invite to the gala) oh my gosh enough food there to feed an army 3-4 courses too) i guess i get having a smaller ball and all, i just dont see the need to go all out on this with so much else that the funds spent on this could go to! Im sorry if i offended anyone with this its just how i feel! Thamk you for listening!
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I get what you're saying, but I think with every new president, incumbent or not, I thought they had to do an inauguration. Not sure on that one. Maybe it's more like a renewal of his oath, IDK~!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking the same thing and may be wrong. But don't all second term presidents have an inauguration and party?

Quoting Mariagma3:

I get what you're saying, but I think with every new president, incumbent or not, I thought they had to do an inauguration. Not sure on that one. Maybe it's more like a renewal of his oath, IDK~!

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

they all party...they spend excessively...they all lie, lol..

american flag ribbon

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
The President (1st or 2nd term) has to be sworn in by law. It's neat that it's on MLK day. DH and DS are going, it's DS's first time. Ironically, they both wanted Romney to win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DooneBug
by Sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with most but we are in debt and he has been in office for 4 yrs so my feelings are that he should say the oath and have lunch and skip the ball.....

Lurion
by Sister on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Many people felt the same way for Bush's second innaguration, they had gotten us in 2 wars, billions down the drain, servicemen deployed...

Quoting DooneBug:

I agree with most but we are in debt and he has been in office for 4 yrs so my feelings are that he should say the oath and have lunch and skip the ball.....

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

yea, I agree 2nd term do the swearing in and a luncheon but skip the rest...they already had their "yea I won" party.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I agree 100%. Congratulations for a second term, after what he did in the first, should be muted down. JMO...

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

you don't even want my opinion on this one, words like waste on taxpayer money and travesty of justice spring to mind

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I agree with you....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)