Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

okay...a little about me...since it's been a while

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 461 Total Views
3 moms liked this

I am 47 married almost 27 years...2 boys 22 and 25...25 is married and has a child...my beautiful granddaughter, Ellie...my first grandchild....dh is nearing retirement...i'm retired teacher...still tutoring though...trying to get involved in church that is kinda new to us...yes, that means I LOVE   JESUS....not ashamed to say it....live in Niceville FL...yes..real place..yes nice place...yes, nice people live here..lol...i love to travel and have been many places...favorite place was Israel....very emotional....glad we went when we did...wouldn't go now...favorite colors,,,,red , yellow and light green....love boots in the winter and flip flops in the summer...very easy going.....don't care what other people think....anymore...took a while to get to this place...but what a release!   now   you tell me about you

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreambig4u2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi there!  Just was surfing the 40+ club... and came across your post.  I would just like to say WONDERFUL and God Bless... It seems like you may be a new Christian or born again recently... Either way!  Praise God...

I am 40 years old, married to my high school sweetheart... Only man I ever kissed... 3 beautiful children and a TRUE CHRISTIAN... LOVE the Lord and my family!!!..

I am envious of you that you have been to Israel... I would LOVE to go to Israel... even now... I lead an End of Times Bible Study and the land of Israel will never be destroyed... It is truly protected by God.

Also, I work from home with a VERY successful company... If you are looking to add income to your budget or know of anyone looking to work from home.... please have them contact me...

This opportunity will change their financial freedom and time freedom.

Thank you Jesus!  

Have a great weekend!  

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello. I just joined here the other day. :-)  just curious why you say you wouldn't visit Israel now.  When did you visit?  I'm just curious because my family moved to Israel last Sept....can't imagine being anywhere else.

gma_46
by Sister on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM
2 moms liked this
What a nice post! I, too, love Jesus! My favorite online spot is ibethel.tv, where we subscribe to and are very blessed!

Being a COP for 19 years, I'm still having a hard time sharing about myself, but I'M getting better! LOL! I, Too, am facing early retirement due to arthritis and fibromyalgia, and my faith gives me comfort and peace through uncertain times! Looking for a new career place at 48 is very unnerving without prayer!

I never thought I would struggle with "empty nest", but ended up having a very difficult time secretly. I've grown so much through that.

Grandkids are the BEST! Haha!
Blessings to you ALL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I love you!! Ladies I had great honor to meet this beautiful woman when she came and visited Connie and she is one of the sweetest woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We had a blast at McDonalds and almost got kicked out for being to loud and laughing so hard... THat was one of the best days of my life...

Brooklynchic
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

hey jellybean  good to see ya!!!! im suzi,mom of 2 boys 8 and 13.. im from brooklyn ny.i work part time as a dental hygienist....

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome. I am Ellen. I am married I have 4 kids six grandkids. Two of my kids still live at home they are 16 and 10. I live in Biloxi,MS.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Nice to meet you, Jellybean. My name is Dawn, 43 years, with a 7 & 6 year old sons at home. Divorced single mom, live in Colorado.. Yes I remember when Connie Kaye was Queen, I just wasn't very active then. We are glad to have you back!

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, Jellybean, love the name Ellie, grandchildren are definitely a gift from God.  I have 2 grandchildren my gd is 2 and my gs is 2 weeks old today. 

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey jellybean, Susan here, I live in Louisiana with my hubby, two boys 18 & 20, two stepchildren, 20 & 22 and a spoiled rotten granddaughter 17 months. Glad to have you with us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Morning, I'm Rose. I live in CA. I have two grown daughters, no grandbabies yet thank goodness! Neither is married or that far into a relationship.

I'm on my second year of empty nest with my youngest away at college. It's fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)