Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I'm so happy and so relieved

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
1 mom liked this

As many of you know I have a son who has some mental health issues along with severe learning disibilities and social problems. Well for the past 6 years I've been fighting our school system to put him into a theraputic school. His social problems have been affecting his ability for them to teach him affectivly.

Well good news, as a about 2 weeks ago we got the go ahead to look for a theriputic school. Thursday I got the call from our school saying that tomorrow meaning Tuesday we have an viewing at one of the best schools in our area. If we like it he's in. This school also offers inpatient services which has been considered temorarily and also a PHP which his doc wants him in. I'm so releived we're getting somewhere and in the nick of time. I start my school Thursday.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Finally!! So happy that you are able to get the help he needs. ((Hugs)) good luck with your classes, what are you taking again?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM

What a relief this must be for you and him. 

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Congratulations. Hope it all goes well tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 PM

that is great news!!

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Wonderful and I'm sure a huge, huge relief!

smile357
by Linda on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Thank you so much. This semester it will be and theater class to fulfill an art requirement. Should be different considering I'm not an movie buff but we'll see, and Psycology 101. That will be the most challanging. I'm going for my phycology degree. 

I have enough credits for about 20 years ago for general studies so he's just trieng to get me to my associates and then we're going to go for what I really want.

Quoting crazymom729:

Finally!! So happy that you are able to get the help he needs. ((Hugs)) good luck with your classes, what are you taking again?

smile357
by Linda on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM

It's more for me than him actually. He has major processing problems so all he understands is this is change and he hates change. He will learn once he starts its for the good. It's good for the long run and at least I'll feel for sucure that he's in a safe place. 

Quoting secondcup5:

What a relief this must be for you and him. 

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

That is wonderful Linda, what a relief that must be for you, that your son will be getting the help he needs. I am happy for you! Good luc with both his schooling, and your own.

Dawn
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:35 PM

smileclappingYay for him! And you! May this be a wonderful year for you both!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)