Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

next time i will no better

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 278 Total Views
1 mom liked this
So some of you may remember when I was telling you about my oldest moving back home.. if you didn't know that's fine but back in Oct, she moved back in with the understanding she was to pay rent not much but something... So she got all moved in.. when I say she I mean me I did everything she watched... So she has been staying with her bf in a near by town, but rearly here but her puppy is here 99% of the time... At first she was making time for her and making sure she had her bath things like that, but she soon started to fluff puppy stuff off too..

So today after asking for the rent for a week now !! I just finally asked are you going to live here or not?? I told her I don't want to chase you around every month to ask for rent... just for some silly excuse!! This month was oh I bought books and I am going to the doc, however she is still shopping, eating out every night and so on.. so I just said I am going to pack your stuff and store it for her n the doggy can stay for free... so that's how I spent my day packing her stuff reorganizing and putting stuff away til she gets a new app, so those of you that believe in prayers please do so... Cause she really needs to get a place and her stuff and her doggy...

If she ever asks mom can I move back in I promise to pay rent!! I will no better!
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi!

When my DD moved back in we gave her a month to find a new home and she did it. I am sorry your DD didnt do as she promised and I will pray for her to get an Apt soon!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

How frustrating. *HUGS* I'm so sorry. I hope I'm not making my own thread like this in a month! My son moved back in too.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

How frustrating. *HUGS* I'm so sorry. I hope I'm not making my own thread like this in a month! My son moved back in too.

Well, hopefully not I gave my dd the benifit of the doubt believed everything she said like a fool!! Oh well lesson learned...
keljo05
by Kelly on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

hope it got the point across... and poor puppy :( thats not fair :(

manilowgal
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry! You are dong the right thing. Time for her to grow up and not take advantage of mom! Good going!!
cuteoverload
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My son moved in with me for over a year without paying anything.  My prayers are with you hon and there are plenty housing out there.  LOL 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

hugs

gaylelynne
by Sister on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's hard to be tough when it's your own child, but you had an agreement that she would pay rent.  She's not holding up her end of the deal so you have no choice but to send her on her way.  I applaud you for not letting her take advantage of you.  It's the only way she's going to grow up and make it on her own.

lfp
by New sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Once my son and his two children asked if they could live with us since their house had been sold. they said a couple of weeks. Wrong , lol-it was 2 years but I have to say it worked out really well for all of us. They did as much in not more towards cleaning and cooking than we did.  After they moved out my girl and her hubby with 1 child and it started all over again but they were here for 8 years and again it was great, we all got along fine and still do-maybe we are the exceptions to the rule??

suetoo
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Tough love for spoiled daughter, keep the puppy. It deserves a good home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)