Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you have a random though and would like to share it.. Let's see how many random thoughts we can get by midnight tonight...

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Replies (191-200):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM
It makes others wonder what your up too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
winterwoman
by Silver sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

I sit here wondering what my dog is thinking when she sleeps and twitches? LOL

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I changed my e-mail this week, but if you want to e-mail me personally, my e-mail address is memheart2013@hotmail.com.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I wish I could find a rich man.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM

To: Momma Dana

I hope you feel better soon.

Love You

To Wanda

Thank you for the graphics.  You are so talented!

To My new and old sisters

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Most of us take at least a few things for granted, no matter how much we appreciate what we have in our lives. Let's pause for a moment and think about some of the most awesome things that we take for granted and consider how fortunate we are.

Thing to be thankful for

1 Sunshine

The sun literally lights up our lives, and though we know the sun's rays can cause cancer, the sunlight is also a good thing. Sunshine stimulates your body to produce vitamin D, which protects against various diseases including osteoporosis, diabetes, rickets and some cancers.

2 Search engines

What good would the Internet be if we didn't have search engines? Google and other search engines are simply awesome. You can find anything and everything you want in a matter of just a couple seconds by typing a few words into a search engine.

3 Nature

If you live in the city, every once in a while you need to take a break and get back to nature. From the mountains to the deserts to the seas, the scenery, flora and fauna in nature are some things that most of us take for granted.

4 Air travel

Stop and think about air travel for a second. Even with security checks and full-body scans, you have to appreciate being able to get from New York to London in about seven hours.

5 Toilet paper

Extra soft... quilted... scented... two-ply -- we all buy toilet paper without giving it a second thought. Think for a second what your life would be like without it. Leaves sound uncomfortable but our ancestors used worse things, ranging from grass to animal fur to stones (ouch!).

6 Deodorant

We only appreciate deodorant when someone isn't using it. Then, we really know how much it means to us.

7 Our senses

Though you could do without your sense of smell when someone isn't wearing deodorant, our senses are often taken for granted. The sound of laughter... the smell of fresh-cut grass... the sight of your baby taking his first steps -- we should all be thankful for our senses.

Thing to be thankful for

8 E-mail

Before e-mail, we actually had to use the telephone (another great invention) all the time to communicate. Now, we can just fire off an e-mail in an instant to get the word out about everything from baby announcements to staff meetings.

9 Language

If you have ever been in another country without knowing the language, you are probably one of the few people that doesn't take language for granted. Sure, we could communicate through hand signals and grunts, but having a common language makes our lives so much easier.

10 Running water

Our pipes were frozen recently and I realized how much I take running water for granted. Even if you are a water snob and drink the bottled variety, you need water for cleaning, cooking, bathing and a multitude of other things each and every day.

11 Garbage collection

The sanitation department doesn't get enough love. Imagine what your life would be like without garbage collection. We have it so easy. Gather up your trash, put it on the curb and it magically disappears in the morning.

12 Thumbs

That's right -- thumbs. You don't really get how important they are until you try to spend a day not using them. Thumbs are definitely underrated and taken for granted by most people.

13 Love

Whether you are in a relationship or not, somewhere right now there is someone who loves you. It might be your mom, your BFF or even a secret admirer. Love is a powerful force that truly makes the world go 'round.

14 Imagination

Your imagination has no limits. With your imagination you can invent something, write a novel or just plan your future. Let your imagination run wild and do something creative today.

15 Freedom

Though we might complain about the government taking away some of our freedoms, we are truly blessed to have so much. We have the freedom to worship, the freedom of speech, the freedom to pursue our dreams and so many more.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Support networks

In stressful environments, such as the workplace, create a support network of colleagues so you can all support each other. It's natural to want to disengage, but social interaction and support is much more efficient for

2.Stress diary

Keep a stress diary to chronicle all your stressful moments. At the end of each month, go through and highlight any trends you see and make a plan to avoid those trends next month.

3.Practice optimism

The power of a positive attitude on stress is monumental. In stressful moments, write down one positive thought and read it repeatedly until you begin to calm down.

4.Chamomile oil

Massage yourself, or have someone you love massage you, with chamomile oil. It is known as a calming oil used to ease anger and stress.

5.Vanilla scents

Vanilla is proven to reduce anxiety and stress. Fill your office and home with this calming aroma to constantly fight stress without any effort.

6.Bad stuff first

Knock out the most difficult or unpleasant tasks of your day in the morning when you're refreshed and have the most energy. Ending your day with easier tasks makes it easier to leave your stress at work.

7.Celebrate good times

Start acknowledging the small victories in your life. Give yourself a compliment or even a gold star on a job done well. Celebrating your accomplishments is a great way to combat the negative thoughts caused by stress.

8.Stay hydrated

A dehydrated body will store cortisol which is a stress hormone. Drink enough water each day to stay hydrated as well as calm.

9.Avoid extremes

Extremes are the easiest way to stress yourself out. Stop yourself any time you start to think this is the worst day ever, or the hardest project, or the most stressed you've ever been. Those thoughts will only make the situation worse.

10.Social butterfly

It's always lean on other people in times of stress. Making human connections is the best stress management technique in our opinion.

11.Stick with it

Giving up on new resolutions or habits is the easiest way to feel bad about yourself and your worth, avoid this stress and disappointment by keeping committed to small manageable goals every week.

12.Stay flexible

Life is never going to go the way you'd expect. Staying flexible and resilient is the best way to manage stress and avoid feeling overwhelmed

13.Reflect on yourself

Stay in tuned with what's going on with you. Weekly reflections on how well you've done and what's made you upset with give you better perspective and less stress.

14.Finish it

No matter how small it seems, make sure to finish something every day. It will ease your stress knowing that you've accomplished something.

15.Stop the guilt

Guilt is a great source of stress in many people. Try to let go of guilt by rectifying the bad behavior and live a stress free life.

16.Eat healthy

Staying healthy is imperative to your stress management. Put good fuel in your body so it can accomplish all that you demand of it without feeling overworked and stressed.

17.Leave the room

If your home, office, or conference room is stressing you out, leave. Excuse yourself for a few minutes to regain composure and come back refreshed and relaxed.

18.Express yourself

We can all have trouble expressing joy when we're stressed. Don't assume that having fun during a stressful day is a waste of time. It's important that you appreciate the joyous times when they happen, no matter how stressed you are.

19.Break out

Try to break up the monotony of your stressful day by doing something different. Eat lunch somewhere new, or with someone new, take a different way home, or just simply sit on the opposite side of your desk for a different view.

20.Make a change

No amount of meditation or relaxation techniques will help if your life is in a vicious cycle of stress. If you can't seem to relax successfully, it might be time to make a change in your life for the better.

cuteoverload
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)