Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You An Empty Nester,Mom of teens,New Mom?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
  • 68 Replies
  • 662 Total Views
1 mom liked this

What stage of motherhood are you in and what is home life like for you at this stage?

I am a mom of a teen and also an empty nester of my 20 year old who moved out last year.

Believe it or not I still feel life is chaotic and busy(despite having older kids)....

Im coasting and enjoying the ebb and flow of life as a mom for now.I am anticipating the calm in the near future.Like catching up on things I used to do.....if I can still do them...lol..

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leighp1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I am at the tween and teenager stage of motherhood and I have to say it isn't any easier than when they were babies.  I imagine that being a mother, you are always busy with something or another, even when they are grown and gone. My mother (who is in her 60's) is still worrying about me and wanting to take care of me. (though we are more friends than mother/daughter now that I am old too)

My teenage daughter will be graduation high school and have her AA degree at the same time and will only be 17.  She is already looking at colleges and wanting to move out.  That scares me!  I will not do well as an Empty Nester!!  I won't even talk about my baby growing up and moving away.  She is not allowed!!!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:31 AM
I'm in between...my 20 year old moved in with his girlfriend, my 18 year old is still at home as he is still in high school, he is just a junior.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeetjieJ
by Gold sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I think I'm an empty nester in training! My two sons still officially live at home, but their social lives & study schedules are so hectic, it often seems as if they don't live here any more!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeanieBlue
by Silver sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Technically, I'm an empty nester. My boys are 26 and almost 25.

Unfortunately, the (now) 26 year-old came screaming back to the 'nest' 18 months ago and he's still here!! lol

Life around here is pretty mellow, except when ds is having a PityParty and getting on my nerves! lol Three adults under the same roof can get hairy! SO and I almost never argue, but when we do, it's usually got SOMETHING to do with the returned hatchling!! lol

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Quoting BeanieBlue:

Technically, I'm an empty nester. My boys are 26 and almost 25.

Unfortunately, the (now) 26 year-old came screaming back to the 'nest' 18 months ago and he's still here!! lol

Life around here is pretty mellow, except when ds is having a PityParty and getting on my nerves! lol Three adults under the same roof can get hairy! SO and I almost never argue, but when we do, it's usually got SOMETHING to do with the returned hatchling!! lol

My friend went through this.She has 4 adult children and when her youngest went to college two years ago she converted his room into a study.I told her dont do it he could come back.Sure enough hes back at home and her study back into his bedroom...lol...

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Empty nester and have been for 10 years-my son is 28, unless the grandchildren are here, and believe me that is not enough.But by the time they go home you are glad that you have already done this phase of your life.  We are definitely enjoying life.  We are very social and have all the toys to keep up with everyone in our circle.  We have a side by side for spring and fall, we have a fifth-wheel trailer for the summer and in the winter we both have snowmobiles, so we stay quite active.

TableforSeven
by Bronze sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I am a mom with five kids ages 9, 10, 13, and 16 all still with me (and DH) and a 20 year old college senior living in this states.

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM
DD 21 moved out in July. DD 18 went 400 miles away to college in August.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I am an empty nester. My youngest who is 19 is in her second year of college, my oldest a college graduate and is out on her own working her field! Woo hoo!!!

I work full-time and we have a very active life-style for the things that we are interested in. Currently we are looking to sell our lake house and move closer into town.

Denisethedaring
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I am at all stages simultaneously--my twenty-one-year-old son has left home, married and produced my granddaughter; I have a 16-year-old son still at home; and I also have a sixteen-month-old daughter. :)  apparently I like variety.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)