Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You An Empty Nester,Mom of teens,New Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

What stage of motherhood are you in and what is home life like for you at this stage?

I am a mom of a teen and also an empty nester of my 20 year old who moved out last year.

Believe it or not I still feel life is chaotic and busy(despite having older kids)....

Im coasting and enjoying the ebb and flow of life as a mom for now.I am anticipating the calm in the near future.Like catching up on things I used to do.....if I can still do them...lol..

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
2 teenagers... Soon to be 16yo and a 14yo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I'm an empty nester.  My kids are 28-30 year olds, my grandchildren are 8-1 years old.  It's only me, my husband and 29 year old son living at home and I enjoy the peace and quiet, not having to rush around to do things and working on getting my starlight room in some kind of order. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

we have a 15yo at home and a 25yo out/married..

Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I'm a Mom of three--26-year old Dd, 19-year old Ds and 15-year old Dd.

The oldest Dd has moved out of the "nest" a couple of times to only come back home to roost and has been with us for a few years now. It's simple--she can't afford to live on her own. She lives with us, as does our adult son and both not only pay rent, they help out in other ways.

I know one they'll move out for good, but until then, this is their home and I will selfishly admit that I love having them here.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:46 AM

i hear ya.. but with six kids and four at home and the oldest in and out its likely i may never see a less chaotic life!! lol of course i love my kids and have tried to go through just about every fiery hoop they have asked of me... and finding out that its never enough or good enough i feel worn out and tired of trying ... my two oldest moved out "2011" and did fine for about a year n a half then everyone got mad at one another and everyone parted ways.. my 18 year old moved to Florida with bf, and oldest promised to pay rent for her and her puppy to live here.. well the second dd has pretty much done everything she an bf set out to do m oldest has become quite selfish and has not been keeping up her end of the deal, so i spent my yesterday packing her stuff and storing it all.. good luck when its time to move again because i am going to not be available... so i am somewhere in between early adult hood / teens and one baby at 10 i still have a ways to go!!!surrender

MomofBoys838
by Bronze sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I am in your shoes as well....I have a son, 22 years old, who lives on his own.  Our youngest will be 17 in a couple of weeks.  We're looking at colleges and scholarships....it's easy because he already knows what he wants to do, we just have to find the right place for him to be.  It is exciting, and I think, not as heart wrenching as when the oldest left.  I think we're already getting that taste of the empty nest, since he's never home, lol!  It is nice to pick up and do things that we used to do "BC"  :)

ladybugMarie

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Well... I was || close to being an empty nester, when the oldest was 16... and now I have another 15 years to go :D 

Tracylynn100
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I have 22yo ds married and owns a house (that kid was born responsible) a 19yo ds still at home can't afford the rents here, 13yo sd who lives primarily with her mom but spends some time with us, 12yo dd and 8yo dd.  Much quieter than 7 years ago when they were all at home.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

to SISTERHOOD

My name is Margie, divorced, single mom, criminal justice professional, mother of two sons ages 26 and 29.  It's nice to meet you and want to welcome you to our family of sisterhood where you are loved as both friend and family.  If you ever need to talk, just make a post and someone will be there to listen.  Have a wonderful day.  I live in Kansas, which is the center of the US.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM

We are empty nesters. It wasn't so bad when we lived at home in IL. Then the boys and grandson could come by and visit. Now, that we're down in AR, no visits or visiting. SUCKS! Having the kids gone can be great, but I don't want to stop being all that I am. bad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN