Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You An Empty Nester,Mom of teens,New Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

What stage of motherhood are you in and what is home life like for you at this stage?

I am a mom of a teen and also an empty nester of my 20 year old who moved out last year.

Believe it or not I still feel life is chaotic and busy(despite having older kids)....

Im coasting and enjoying the ebb and flow of life as a mom for now.I am anticipating the calm in the near future.Like catching up on things I used to do.....if I can still do them...lol..

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
emptynesst
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Empty nester:( my kids are 24,27, and 30. I miss them so much! My life is full of emptyness...which is why my screen name is emptynesst. Cherish every minute of your kids childhood!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami_princesas
by New sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Mom to a teenager, kindergartener, preschooler and infant! All girls! I am also helping my parents raise my niece and nephew who are teenagers. I am still in the beginning stages of motherhood and my life is total chaos...not only am I a mommy to my active girls and niece and nephew , I am a full time student that manages to keep things in order! Sometimes I think I am gonna lose my mind! Lol

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I have a teen and for 6 more months a tween!
ffxmom70
by Sister on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I am a new-ish mom, with a 14 month old and an almost 5 year old (going on 15 with the back talk and the dirty language).

sunshine97325
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM

We are empty nesters. But, really don't feel like it. Our 15 !/2 year old pomeranian is just like a child. Its hard to just go away for the weekend etc. Have to think about him too. With the kids  not at home they are not here to take care of him too!! Our son is married he is 23, doesn't live to far away. But, really don't see him to often, just when he needs a tool or the shop to work on something!! Then our daughter lives an hour away and this is her fourth year of college. She is 22. This spring break will be her last vacation at our home. She will be working full time in the area she is now and we will see how often she comes home for visits or if we have to go to her...We are very proud of both kids they have done well. It is true, enjoy your kids when they are young. Before you know it they move on. Its a very good thing but comes with losts of mixed feelings..Still working through them even though its been awhile. 

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Quoting sunshine97325:

We are empty nesters. But, really don't feel like it. Our 15 !/2 year old pomeranian is just like a child. Its hard to just go away for the weekend etc. Have to think about him too. With the kids  not at home they are not here to take care of him too!! Our son is married he is 23, doesn't live to far away. But, really don't see him to often, just when he needs a tool or the shop to work on something!! Then our daughter lives an hour away and this is her fourth year of college. She is 22. This spring break will be her last vacation at our home. She will be working full time in the area she is now and we will see how often she comes home for visits or if we have to go to her...We are very proud of both kids they have done well. It is true, enjoy your kids when they are young. Before you know it they move on. Its a very good thing but comes with losts of mixed feelings..Still working through them even though its been awhile. 

Wow proud parents indeed!Your kids sound wonderful:)

My daughter is 13 and loves pomeranians?Are they friendly dogs...and do they enjoy the car?

YesI am an empty nester with my son who is 21.Sometimes I get sad when I start to set the table for four and realize its fo 3 now:(.Yes us moms always realize they will eventually grow up.It just comes so fast and does come with mixed emotions.

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM

Quoting ffxmom70:

I am a new-ish mom, with a 14 month old and an almost 5 year old (going on 15 with the back talk and the dirty language).

Awhh how joyful...... what a wonderful time.Your little ones must be keeping you busy:)

I had my first one at 25....yet love parenting in my 40s.I feel I am my best now.My kids call me a cool mom....I am liking that...lol..

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mrgetinold:

I have a teen and for 6 more months a tween!

Awhhh love this time...sweet tween and teen years:)

This is when I truly felt I earned my stripes as a mom.....

Enter teen years...drama and hormones....wowzers....

I always kept my coffee and friends close at hand...lol

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Quoting mami_princesas:

Mom to a teenager, kindergartener, preschooler and infant! All girls! I am also helping my parents raise my niece and nephew who are teenagers. I am still in the beginning stages of motherhood and my life is total chaos...not only am I a mommy to my active girls and niece and nephew , I am a full time student that manages to keep things in order! Sometimes I think I am gonna lose my mind! Lol

you rockAmazing I admire you!Just dont burn yourself out mama.

MomTiara19
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Quoting emptynesst:

Empty nester:( my kids are 24,27, and 30. I miss them so much! My life is full of emptyness...which is why my screen name is emptynesst. Cherish every minute of your kids childhood!

Always remember mama,

Just because your kids are older and busy does not mean they dont need you and love you dearly.Make sure you stay connected with them by cell,text,card,and holidays.Create a get together a family reunion if need be.Get the girlfriends and dils involved.

Enjoy the quiet empty nest for now....and realize one day soon the sound of pitter patter of grandkids will soon fill the void:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN