Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You An Empty Nester,Mom of teens,New Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

What stage of motherhood are you in and what is home life like for you at this stage?

I am a mom of a teen and also an empty nester of my 20 year old who moved out last year.

Believe it or not I still feel life is chaotic and busy(despite having older kids)....

Im coasting and enjoying the ebb and flow of life as a mom for now.I am anticipating the calm in the near future.Like catching up on things I used to do.....if I can still do them...lol..

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
3Girlzmom231512
by New sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

i am a mother of a tween and teen and a 23 yr old daughter and sometimes i feel I am loosing my mind. No it is not any easier as I thought it would be as they got older. I feel that I have been arguing with kids my entire life. i am right now trying to get the 12 yr old out of bed to go to school. Drives me crazy! No amount of grounding taking away electronics has done any good.....

Tricia2
by Tricia on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I have two girls 7( her birthday is today) and 3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamajess68
by New sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I am new to CM and this group, so HI!  I've only read a few posts similar to mine but I welcome support and distraction from everyone!  I am the mom of a teen (DD, almost 15), tween (DD, 12), preschooler (DS, 4) and I just found out that I am pregnant.  I am 44 and if this baby sees this world, I will be 45.  My DH is 50.  We are still in shock...

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Quoting mamajess68:

I am new to CM and this group, so HI!  I've only read a few posts similar to mine but I welcome support and distraction from everyone!  I am the mom of a teen (DD, almost 15), tween (DD, 12), preschooler (DS, 4) and I just found out that I am pregnant.  I am 44 and if this baby sees this world, I will be 45.  My DH is 50.  We are still in shock...

Congrats!!pregnant belly

AmyA1071
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I am just beginning -- my LO is turning 3 this year and it is going by way too fast!!!!

cherylam
by Bronze sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I'm an empty nester.... I miss the kids, but we are able to things and go places without taking teenagers with us.  The kids are all grown with babies of their own, and we are often reminded they don't need us, just the checkbook, lol.

harmony7
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I am the mom of a tween, four teens and five adults and grandmom of three. I love all the stages and ages of the children. I love a house full of kids and all the laughing and playing....I dont see our nest ever being really empty ;)

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
HSPPP
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You say your lake house is up for sale.  I am curious where it is?

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I have a 31 and a 30 year old that are both married and have families of their own. So I am an empty nester in that regard. My 21 year old is in college but lives at home, and commutes to school.

kathyartist2007
by Sister on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I have one child and she is 17. I'm an older mom so now I'm 56. Life is very chaotic - more so than when she was small as she is involved with many activities and on the verge of driving (has her permit).  I also work full time. She is not an easy teenager and we've had a lot of challenges with her since she turned 14. I do look forward to the day when she finally matures and is independent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)