Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are You An Empty Nester,Mom of teens,New Mom?

Posted by   + Show Post

What stage of motherhood are you in and what is home life like for you at this stage?

I am a mom of a teen and also an empty nester of my 20 year old who moved out last year.

Believe it or not I still feel life is chaotic and busy(despite having older kids)....

Im coasting and enjoying the ebb and flow of life as a mom for now.I am anticipating the calm in the near future.Like catching up on things I used to do.....if I can still do them...lol..

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Replies (61-68):
sham09
by Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I am an empty nester of four children..I have a seventeen still at home and afour year old that will be five in April..Yes I started all over and I wouldnt change it...I will not be a full empty nester for a long time but he actually help keeps me active..I have already started some stuff that I have not had time for in awhile and Im enjoying  my life. 

wildlilacs
by Bronze sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM
My youngest just turned 13!!! My other 5 kiddos are out on their own, 3 has given me 3 grandkids.
Life os good with an only child, busy as always.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Still have older children at home... dd is ready to go to college and ds is happy living at home.

Hopefully he will be moving out soon though!!  

I do worry that it will go from being a full house to an empty house all at once though!!  :(

DebW629
by Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I am officially the mom of two teenagers...a 13 year old boy and a 15 year old girl...both the lights of my life!  They are really great kids...outstanding students, very busy athletes...keeping me running nonstop. And I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Sometimes I feel myself panicking at the thought of my oldest leaving for college in 2-1/2 years. I have been a stay at home mom since they were born...kind of.  Owned several coffee bars when they were born...have since sold them and now work in direct sales and occasionally help with the marketing at my husband's office...he's a financial advisor. Did a lot of substitute teaching when my kids were in elementary school...but have kind of put that aside for the time being. 

So...that's me!  LOL

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I'm still in the heart of child rearing, lol. I have a 19 y/o, still at home and 10 and 7 y/o's.

aspenridge
by New sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I have two in college and two young teens still at home. I felt an acute sense of loss when the older two went off to college and gained that extra independence that comes with age. But we've found ways to maintain family ties and I'm gradually getting over the initial shock. I just started teaching part-time as an adjunct professor at a university, which is in addition to freelance work I do from home. My plate is full and I'm looking forward to when they all give me grandchildren!

sunshine97325
by Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

We got our pomeranian when he was 6 months old. I had a daycare most of his time with up to 10 kids. Ours loves everyone. I guess some can get moody, but ours has been perfect!! He is pictured in my photo. Yes he loves the car, walks and sleeping with us!!!

Like all our kids they are wonderful, but they do have their moments and we still have moments when they live outside of our home. I am learning the less I know what is going on with them day to day is better for me. . It gets so confusing. One minutes things are going this way then next minute not. I don't get the news in between when they are changing their minds etc. Also adding someone new to the family. Daughter in law. It takes some getting used too. Good most of the time then beam issues. She is 20, so hopefully it will get better with age. I am just glad I don't have to deal with her everyday!! As long as he can handle it and is happy is all that I want and so far so good from what I can tell. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

Quoting sunshine97325:

We are empty nesters. But, really don't feel like it. Our 15 !/2 year old pomeranian is just like a child. Its hard to just go away for the weekend etc. Have to think about him too. With the kids  not at home they are not here to take care of him too!! Our son is married he is 23, doesn't live to far away. But, really don't see him to often, just when he needs a tool or the shop to work on something!! Then our daughter lives an hour away and this is her fourth year of college. She is 22. This spring break will be her last vacation at our home. She will be working full time in the area she is now and we will see how often she comes home for visits or if we have to go to her...We are very proud of both kids they have done well. It is true, enjoy your kids when they are young. Before you know it they move on. Its a very good thing but comes with losts of mixed feelings..Still working through them even though its been awhile. 

Wow proud parents indeed!Your kids sound wonderful:)

My daughter is 13 and loves pomeranians?Are they friendly dogs...and do they enjoy the car?

YesI am an empty nester with my son who is 21.Sometimes I get sad when I start to set the table for four and realize its fo 3 now:(.Yes us moms always realize they will eventually grow up.It just comes so fast and does come with mixed emotions.

Jamilynn130
by Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I am the mom of two teen girls(15 & 13) and two grown children (38 & 37), with nine grandkids and one great granddaughter, who is nearly 3 yrs. old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)