Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hair thinning?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 371 Total Views

lately when I'm washing my hair I notice that more and more chunks of my hair is coming off. I have long hair but it is alot thinner. anyone else noticing this?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SeanandNoahsmom
by Dawn on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM

My hair has always been thin, except while pregnant. But it isnt thinning more; and I am curious how, at almost 44, I haven't had a single gray hair LOL. Especially with everything I have been through in life.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I have never had thin hair until I started Peri Meno and then I could actually make a wig with all the hair loss. I started Coconut oil and my full hair is getting fuller again to the point that I commented yesterday while I was combing it that it was thick and long like witchy poo.. lol

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

This started happening to me in my early 40's. I've had super thick hair all my life and I definitely notice a difference when putting my hair in a pony tail, the ponytail holder goes around many more times now than it ever could before LOL!!

Dr told me it was due to stress, at the time I first noticed it there was a great deal of stress in my life.  I also think that our lovely hormones play a big roll in hair loss.  

Reducing stress and taking B complex vitamins (which help with stress) has helped me some.  

It is so embarrassing to have tons of hair strands on the back of my sweaters. Now that my dd pointed it out to me, I keep a lint brush handy to brush sweaters off before I go out.

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Mine is due to low thyroid :( I had such great hair last year and then I had to stop taking my thyroid medication and I am amazed I don't have bald spots. :/  Literally chunks or balls of hair. :( 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I would definitly share this info. with your doctor so he can narrow down the cause... hugs

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yup, but mine is from the medications I take, or at least that's what the dr told me.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

yes so I layered mine.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Im already there hon, have you had your thyroid cked! I think they said normal shedding is 100 hairs a day! You can go to a hair salon and get layers put in that will lessen the thin look, i have spots of bald im on pills from my dermatolgist, have hair growing in from where they took the biopsy ( yay)! This is all from lupus
Have you tried ovation hair therapy and cut and color help plumb and camo! Good luck and hugs
sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM

yes, not in chunks however, but over time and having kids my hair has taking a beating.. one things you may what to do is get your thyroid checked its a big hair looser... if your thyroid is not working right... i have a friend that was loosing her hair in patches all over her head and she finally went to the doc, thyroid is messed up meds and hair started growing back.. then she quite smoking she looked like a new person and then she lost weight wow!! even better and it lasted until she got depressed and she started smoking and gained her weight back poof all that hard work gone...

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Yep. Every time I wash it, which is everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)