Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why do they want to hurt their family and career?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM
  • 38 Replies
  • 532 Total Views

I just saw on the news (third one this week) that yet another teacher is being charged with inappropriate relationship with a student. Yesterday it was a female teacher having a relationship with two students and today a football coach made a fake FB page and was having a relationship with a 16 year old student. The third one was a few days ago and it was another male teacher caught with one of his students as well.

Do they really think they can get away with this terrible act? Now days with technology the way it is (and God knows kids love to place their stuff on a social site) they will get caught. I know in high school we had that good looking teacher and us girl would drool over him and dream of being his girl friend but you know he was a professional and never acted on our silly school girl act (you know he is one of my friends on FB...LOL).

There was never a child I thought that was ever that "cute" or "hunky" that I would ruin my life over and be labeled a sex offender and lose my career that I worked so hard on.

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM
It is very sad. I see yet another story just like these almost weekly in the news. I don't understand it all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quoting gbcmom:

It is very sad. I see yet another story just like these almost weekly in the news. I don't understand it all.

It is sad but what is even sadder is that these young children either have low self esteem or looking for that extra attention and these teachers play right into their insecurities.

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM
2 moms liked this

Between the inappropriate behavior of the teachers and the school shootings, who would really want to send their precious little one to school.

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:56 AM

This is disgusting.  How about these school protecting our students??? They are doing a very poor job of it if there are child predators in the school.Teachers know parents trust them, as do the students and therefore are in the best position to take advantage of kids.

Prevention and education is the best way to deal with this.  In order to get a teaching certificate or to renew one, teachers  should be required  to take a course about  inappropriate student/teacher relationships and how to avoid them and the consequences if they don't.   And a refresher course or teacher meeting at the very least should be conducted at the beginning and middle of the school year to remind teachers that this behavior isn't allowed and wont go unpunished!

No adult, teacher or other persons or professional, has any business dating or maintaining a casual relationship with a minor, period.  

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree that this is just one more thing we as parents/grandparents have to think about when sending our children to school. I am sorry but when I send my child to school I dont send her to school for a teacher to lust over but to teach and guide her.

When I was teaching they told us if a child ran up to us for a hug we had to place our hands in the air for our own protection.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Very strange--and why so many people (mostly males) in positons of public power and prestige doing this too, with affairs, etc? There have been many articles on this. Some theories are that they are addicted to the risk taking the situation provides. 

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM

There was the art teacher in high school who was like 22-23 when we were 16-19. I know he married one of my classmates sister's. She was older than us by a year or 2, but younger than him. 

Refurbished
by Sister on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:44 AM

As a mom of teens, this makes me so angry when I hear these stories.  When I drop my kids off at their high school, I am entrusting the teachers and employees of that school with my children. 

A female teacher at my kids' high school had a relationship with a student last year and was fired.  It never even made the news.  I sometimes wonder just how prevalent it is. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

ugh, we had a sr. English teacher that was married to another English teacher (soph)...he had a Shakespeare club after school and it was well known around the school with the kids anyways that he openly flirted with Senior girls in it. My Jr. year my sister was in the wife's eng. class and one day her teacher up and left crying...come to find out Mr. had served her with divorce papers and was marrying one of the students that had graduated the year before...scummmy...  What is sad is she transferred to another school and he stayed there for a few more years...nothing happened to him...

There was also a woman at a local small town that was recently prosecuted for having "relations" with 3 sr. football students...she & her husband were swingers and they invited the boys...the boys had kept is secret for a long time and the only way it got out was one of them had some of it recorded on his phone and another friend just happened to see it and told his dad...

I don't know why these people think that it's acceptable to do this...the kid(s) of course are kids so they think it's 'cool' but whatever on that...sigh...

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I agree when I walk Tinker to school and drop her off I shouldnt have to yell make sure no teacher makes a pass at you! I understand teenage
puppy crushes but come on do these damn teachers need to act on the childs emotions? Walk the hell away!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)