Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Why do they want to hurt their family and career?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw on the news (third one this week) that yet another teacher is being charged with inappropriate relationship with a student. Yesterday it was a female teacher having a relationship with two students and today a football coach made a fake FB page and was having a relationship with a 16 year old student. The third one was a few days ago and it was another male teacher caught with one of his students as well.

Do they really think they can get away with this terrible act? Now days with technology the way it is (and God knows kids love to place their stuff on a social site) they will get caught. I know in high school we had that good looking teacher and us girl would drool over him and dream of being his girl friend but you know he was a professional and never acted on our silly school girl act (you know he is one of my friends on FB...LOL).

There was never a child I thought that was ever that "cute" or "hunky" that I would ruin my life over and be labeled a sex offender and lose my career that I worked so hard on.

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Replies (31-38):
arthistmom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I doubt if these teachers really think about the consequences of their actions except fulfilling the desires of their id.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Can Bald people have Hairline fractures?

rad3mom1
by New sister on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM

People allow themselves to be put into these positions and I don't understand why. Here's an example, social media. Teachers, and others working in influential or public arenas, are people. They should be able to enjoy social media as do many another people. I've heard teachers say that fb is a good way to connect with their students. Okay, then be smart about it. Have two accounts. Make one account for students that school administrators monitor. Make the second account personal. Don't friend anyone that is a current, or possible future, student. Don't friend anyone you don't have a personal, face to face, relationship with currently. Accounts such as Cafe Mom is easy, use made up names for people and places, and don't use actual pics. I don't know all the answers to todays problems, but I think common sense is a good place to start.

ValerieO1968
by New sister on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I knew an English teacher that way too...Picked a senior boy every year...probably still happening...No one ever did anything about it.

~V~

letstalk747
by Joyful on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM

ohhhhh dont even get me started on this sht

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM

It is very sad .... what is so wrong in their lives and that they feel so insecure that they need to start a relationship with a child.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:12 PM

It is hard for me to understand how anyone can abuse children. 

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:22 PM
When I was in high school, a teacher/coach had an affair with a student. It was al hush hush even though all of us knew. He married the girl when she turned 18. The gym teacher / girls gymnastics coach in my high school was a touchy feely pervert. No girl dared complain and he managed to grab ass at all of us girls. He grabbed my breast like it was an accident one day, and my boyfriend (who is now my DH ) punched the jerk in the face. My DH got a week of in school suspension and nothing was done to the coach. I wish that they would have put him under investigation or something but it was all swept under the rug. People like that have no business being around children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN