Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Life being 40ish

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

Every once in awhile I get a PM asking me what it is like turning 40ish and I tell each one that each experience is different. I thought we as 40ish sisters could "help" out our 30ish sisters that will be 40ish soon and let them know what we have gone through (yes the good, bad and even the ugly!).

If you have a question please ask..

I will say that 40 isnt as scary as some might make it  and the adventure will be as grand as you make it. I found that 40ish is the new 20 and age is a number. I say embrace it and enjoy it and just have fun!! :)

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Being 40ish, for me, means knowing who you are.  I don't look outward for approval or acceptance, I am happy with me regardless of other people's opinions.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Hi I am Margie and 53 so I don't remember much about being 40. Getting older does not mean you'll soon be stuck in a rocking chair watching all the young people pass you by. Take care of your health and you can lead an active life at any age. I walk daily.

The most important thing is keep moving, no matter what you do." You can also use this rule when you're craving junk food, feel hungry even though you just ate or have a tendency to eat for emotional reasons -- wait five minutes then assess whether you really need to eat. Many times, the feeling will pass. You can also use that five minutes to take a stroll outside or do another activity that gets your mind off of food.

Make small changes to decrease the fat, like choosing fat-free milk, snack foods that are low in fat, and using a healthy oil for cooking, such as olive oil, in moderation.

Carrying extra weight puts you at risk for chronic diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer. It can also put stress on your joints and cause back pain or even arthritis, as well as increase your chances of injury. Incorporate more physical activity into your day and make healthier eating choices to lose weight. If your progress seems slow, don't give up.

Keep regular appointments with your doctor

An important key to disease prevention is to have regular checkups with your doctor. Ask for the health screenings appropriate for your age and health history. Proper screening will help with early detection if you happen to have a medical condition, and this will increase the likelihood of successful treatment.

I don't smoke and am thankful that I don't because it leads to heart disease.  I keep my doctor's appointments, such as dentist, wellness checks, mamagrams and pap test.

Tikismom
by sister of the year on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Having turned 70 yesterday I can look back and say that turning 40 wasn't bad at all.I was and am a very healthy person and do my best to stay that way.Turning 50 I could look around me and be thankful for all that I had at that time,and to have been able to remain active when I could see many folks that started to become couch potatoes and to suffer chronic illnesses.Turning 60 I began to look forward to retirement and having more free time to travel and just enjoy life.Now I am 70 and I don't feel any older than I did at 40.I intend to continue living the good life that I have with many friends and family.The sisters in this group are right on when they say age is just a number.

Thank you sisters for allowing me to continue to be a part of this wonderful group.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN