Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The stuff you see when you travel

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 173 Total Views
I travel most weekends to my DD house, this weekend is no difference since today is Tinkers birthday. We are going down the road and this big truck is acting the fool passing people making others pull over to the side of the road. He play chicken with this old man and that man wasn't moving and as the man pass him he flipped the truck off.
There is enough road rage out here to last me a lifetime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CharlotteRose
by Bronze sister on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

wow, that's crazy!!  I have seen alot of road rage too, but the most recent was this chick READING a book during heavy traffic!!!! 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

oh yep see that esp. around Dallas..grrr  I had some guy obviously with no patience try to zoom around me, I had MY turn signal on so I kept moving over...well he zoomed past me, flew me the bird and they high tailed onto the highway...well I got right behind him and guess he thought I was following him (I wasn't) and the dumbazz took the same exit I was going to take, so again right behind him.  He went down turned and made a u-turn and headed back to the highway..very fast... I giggled as I kept going to my store...guess he thought I was gonna "get him"...again dumbazz.... of course he was in his 20's maybe...

gaylelynne
by Sister on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

There's a ton of road rage these days.  People are just rude anymore.  I live in a small town so I don't have to deal with it much unless I go to Oklahoma City.  For the last year or so I've gotten to where I'll take the toll road that completely bypasses the city just so I don't have to deal with the jerks and idiots.

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:19 AM

going crazybad   I just try and get out of the way of these types--I don't want to be embroiled in the accident you KNOW they're going to cause!

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:43 AM

You be careful out there.  Loves and hugs to you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ky.  I hope she has a great day.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:25 AM

It's a crazy world out there...be careful on your road trip.

Jebekarue
by Sister on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I wish I had not read this :(  My son will be getting his license in March and I am petrified.

But I know what you mean about truck drivers, no, not all are bad.  We had an incident with one many years ago.  There were 3 trucks in a row, I passed the one in back and when I was about even with the rear tires of the one in the middle he decided to try to cut over on me so I braked and glanced in my mirror to see the one I had just passed pulling in behind me and then jerking back over he blares his horn at me.  I was freaked!!!  I pulled over at the next rest area and he follows then gets out of the truck yelling and screaming at me to watch what the hell I was doing.  I got in his face and told him that he needs to slow his ass down and pay attention because if he had he would have seen that his trucker buddy was trying to run me off the road (intentional or not) and that his big bad trucker ass was not going to intimidate me with his attitude and that I had done nothing wrong for him to get his ass back in his truck before I call the law.  he backed off real quick it was pretty funny too because he was well over 6 ft and 300 lbs and I am only 5'3.

firelites
by Anne on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

happy birthdayTinker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)