Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Weekend Debate Question: 1/26-27

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just reading where two men were suing Lance Armstrong and his publisher company for the book he written because they feel since his recent admission to using drugs to enhance his performance. Lance Armstrong went on Oprah and admitted to her that he did this act and lied about it.

These men feel that the book was a lie and if they knew that Lance Armstrong had lied they would have never bought the book.

Do you think they should win more money over the value of the book?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Replies (21-23):
almostthere55
by Sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think ANY money should be given back.  That only sets a precedence for more lawsuits.  It's like buying a book you don't enjoy.  If you bought Fifty Shades of Grey...and it didn't make you want to hop in bed with your man, do you sue the author?  Noooo.  You simply chalk it up to.."well it didn't do anything for me" category.  I am always amazed at what people will sue over.  For instance, there was someone who slipped and fell at my workplace.  The company, of course, paid all the doctor bills (which nothing was broken, just bruised her butt and shoulder).  The about a month later, we received a letter stating that the HUSBAND was suing the company because his wife was incapable of performing her "wifely duties".  Yes it said that.  Needless to say it was thrown out of court. 

klford
by New sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Hmm if they can sue over a book maybe we should sue clothing makers! How many times have we ordered online a size 12 and it comes in fitting like a size 6? Seriously? They should just chalk it up to a book read and move on. Shouldn't be entitled to anything. They chose to spend the money.
sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Nope, I think this is going to happen more then once but I am sure lance and his lawyers are ready for it!!'
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)