Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you own a fly swatter?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you own a fly swatter?

Options:

Yes

No

Yes, more than one

No, I dont kill bugs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

I have one, but someone told me today that fly swatters are old fashion. Do you have one?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
shorty13417
by Bronze sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM

i use to have 2 of them but i guess they got used  too much and i had to throw them away... need to buy another one!!

lwalker270
by Sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I do.

jenna30
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:11 PM
What sort?

Quoting lwalker270:

I do.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yes...between Orkin and me...they are terminated...sorry arachnid lovers out there

Quoting jenna30:

Do u kill spiders?

Quoting rojastarr:

I do have the old fashioned kind but they are not so good with the fruit flies and I read reviews that these work with them so I thought it would be worth it to give it a try.

Quoting jenna30:

Bv you have a good old fashioned one too? Its more satisfying to swat them dead!;-)

Quoting rojastarr:

I had to buy one of the electric ones after reading this...I hate fllies and if can facilitate their destruction then I am all for it lol.

lwalker270
by Sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Just a run of the mill plastic one.  It's blue.

Quoting jenna30:

What sort?

Quoting lwalker270:

I do.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

jenna30
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM
With fly swatter?;-)

Quoting rojastarr:

Yes...between Orkin and me...they are terminated...sorry arachnid lovers out there

Quoting jenna30:

Do u kill spiders?

Quoting rojastarr:

I do have the old fashioned kind but they are not so good with the fruit flies and I read reviews that these work with them so I thought it would be worth it to give it a try.

Quoting jenna30:

Bv you have a good old fashioned one too? Its more satisfying to swat them dead!;-)

Quoting rojastarr:

I had to buy one of the electric ones after reading this...I hate fllies and if can facilitate their destruction then I am all for it lol.

jenna30
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Where do u keep it?

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting jenna30:

What sort?

Quoting lwalker270:

I do.

lwalker270
by Sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hanging in the garage by the door that connects to my kitchen.

Quoting jenna30:

Where do u keep it?

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting jenna30:

What sort?

Quoting lwalker270:

I do.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Pattiann236
by Sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

LIVING IN FLORIDA , I HAVE SEVERAL,  BUT THE BEST THING EVER IS THE ELECTRIC SWATTER.  IT LOOKS LIKE A TENNIS RACKET AND IT KILLS FLIES, MOSQUITOES AND ANY THING ELSE THAT FLIES IN TO THE GRID,  THEN JUST DISGARD THEIR FRIED LITTLE BODIES,   I HAVE SEVERAL OF THEM TOO,  IT TAKES A D-CELL BATTERY THAT LAST FOREVER.  YOU CAN GET THEM AT HARBOR FREIGHT FOR 4 BUCKS OR PROBABLY AND HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE, I HAVE EVEN SEEN THEM ON-LINE (COSTS MORE).  BUT PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM KIDS BECAUSE IT CAN ZAP YOU GOOD.  ASK ME HOW I KNOW   LOL,    PATTIANN236

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Usually a shoe

Quoting jenna30:

With fly swatter?;-)

Quoting rojastarr:

Quoting jenna30:

Do u kill spiders?

Quoting rojastarr:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting rojastarr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN