Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

memorial day themed foods fruits and veggies

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
1 mom liked this

ok some of you are aware I am going to be growing fruit and veggies to sell. I am also going to make fruit and veggie trays to sell at the farmers markets.  I need memorial day themed foods. like fruit trays made into flags or whatever. using strawberries, bananas and blueberries. but here is where I am stuck. My blueberries probably won't produce until next year. It has to be something I can sell at the farmers markets and stay in health dept criteria and liscensing. should I buy blueberries for this? at least this year? and what other themes other than flags can I use. and what can I do for veggie combos that would sell? my watermelons will be ready I think. Give me ideas of what you would buy at a farmers market for memorial day. Thanks.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cuteoverload
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Are blackberries the same timeframe?  I think it would still work with those.  Hmmmm what else?  Let me think.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

If you have something yellow, I would also consider doing the "support our troops" ribbon.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

See there...why didn't I think of that..hahaha.  Good idea

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

If you have something yellow, I would also consider doing the "support our troops" ribbon.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

square watermelons.  it would mean an investment in the boxes, but Im sure you would make up for it in sales, you could charge more for a square watermelon just because of the novelty.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

witch_e_woman
by The Witch of 40ish on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Veggies usually & some fruits as well....

But Thi IS still the Mid of Winter, so I may just change my mind by Memorial day too, lol.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I seen that on pinterest and am seriously considering doing that. it looks real cool. how much more would you pay for a square watermelon? you can do the veggies that way too.

Quoting sahlady:

square watermelons.  it would mean an investment in the boxes, but Im sure you would make up for it in sales, you could charge more for a square watermelon just because of the novelty.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM

well try double and see if anyone is willing to pay... or on second thought, maybe just 50% more..... if no one is buying then lower the price a bit and just see.

I would pay more for a square watermelon if I was having a party.... just for the novelty of it.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

I seen that on pinterest and am seriously considering doing that. it looks real cool. how much more would you pay for a square watermelon? you can do the veggies that way too.

Quoting sahlady:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)