Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you think its possible that when a person lies ...........................

Posted by   + Show Post

That it actually can come true even if its a little white lie?

For example if a person calls in sick and they are not really sick and they get sick several days later. Or someone uses a family member as an excuse and then something happens.

Have you told a little white lie and it came true several days later?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-29):
Ziva65
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Ok- first in my book, a lie is a lie. White or not :)

I do think people can unconsciously create situations to happen. As for getting sick a few day slater... well, perhaps their guilt caught up with them.

As for using a family member as a lie and something happens- who knows. Happenstance, or...

I've always had this theory that there is like another dimension that our brains could operate on. Take Einstein for example, absolutely brilliant. I think many of us do not fully use the functionality of our brain. Perhaps, just perhaps there was something  that they knew, or felt, but it wasn't in their consciousness.

Then again... perhaps God is saying... "you shouldn't have said that...here's a little lesson for you" :) To me, it isn't Karma though the principal is the same. It's you reap what you sow. You sow a lie, you reap the consequence. Much better to sow postitive things than negative ones.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Gotta be honest - I've lied and called in sick to work.  Why??  Because the lady who does our sub filing is nosy as hell!  If I tell her I'm taking a personal day, she wants to know what's going on, asks if everything is ok, wants to know what it's for or what I'll be doing.  Hello, it's called a 'personal' day for a reason!  lol

It's just easier to say I'm sick and not deal with her.  And yes, I usually mean sick of going to work!  lol

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I feel this way, a person that lies will eventually get caught and sex offenders never change.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I think someone can actually tell a lie so often that they themself think it is the actual truth.

MomsTaxiAndATM
by 40ish Angel on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yes! That is why I have always told my children.... dont you dare say something like that.... it might come true! Karma..

lisairv
by Lisa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM

This.....exactly!

Quoting cuteoverload:

no and do not like liars or cheaters.

bhow
by Silver sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM

sure it could.  i have watched my husband talk himself into being sick (cold, flu) and our youngest daughter also.  any thing is possible.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:19 PM

It could happen, but not usually.

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I think so. One time I faked sick because I didn't study for a test..Well, I missed 2 days of finals and could only make up 1 for actually having the flu..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)