Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

how many times do you....

Posted by   + Show Post

have to drive some where before you know how to get there?

I swear my husband is one of the smartest people I have ever met but couldnt find his way out of a paper bag.  Drives me up a flipn wall.  I asked him to pick up our son at a friends house and he asked me how to get there.  The boy has lived in the same house for 5-6 YEARS.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
twinsplus2more
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Once, MAYBE if it has a lot of turns, twice

DH is the same as I am.

BrenMOM
by Bronze sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Dh drives in many areas for his business, so he is pretty good. I can call him in a pinch and he is like a walking map. BUT there are times when he will drive around and around looking for "the street" to turn on... when just asking or looking at a map would be soo much easier.

If I physically drive someone, I can remember it pretty easily.. if I am a passenger, I don't remember it as well.  LOL

I ALWAYS look up where I am going before I leave the house.. something DH and oldest DD will not do.  Youngest DD is like me.

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

This is me also. 

Quoting starlight1968:

Dana, me too!  I can go somewhere once and get there over and over again..Although if you change to much of the area in between trips I might get a little confused lol.

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I use the navigator.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

When I was driving, it took one trip to memorize the directions.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My SO can find his way around anywhere - even a big city like New York! On the other hand, my ex was like your DH. We took our daughter to a week-long skating competition and there were maybe 3-4 turns to the rink from the hotel, and he turned the wrong way EVERY freakin time. I kept my mouth shut because he wouldn't take instruction. Inside, though, I was ready to scream. I couldn't believe he could go the wrong way 2x/day four days in a row!

bhow
by Silver sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Usually once.  You could drop my husband from a plane into the middle of the forest, blind folded and hands tied behind his back...he would find his way to black top and then be lost.  Take him 50 to 75 miles from home and he is clueless.  Completely loses all sense of direction.  I too think he is brilliant.  Some people are so smart they're stupid.  My step sister is a nuclear physicist but is one of the dumbest people I know. The woman has not one bit of common sense.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:01 PM
You only have to tell me once.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I agree that it's a guy thing.

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Just once is all
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)