Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
Sitting here watching the movie for the millionth time I think !! Do any of you enjoy the movies or the saga?? I kinda got into it cause of my oldest she was 17 when the books came out and stuff!! And I just got into it it's fun to me, but I know it's not everyone's idea of fun😏
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (11-17):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Love the book series
The movies were .... Eh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My dd had the twight fad, so i went to the first movie with her! The whole time i kept pulling my hoodie up over my neck and head area ( yep im a woooseeee) not a big fan of this or the hunger games!
wvcoffeechick
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM

When they first came out I really didn't think it would be anything I would be interested in. Last month my sister borrowed the whole set from a girl at work and we had a Twilight marathon...we were hooked and made a date to go to the theater to see the newest one! We are both in our 40's but we loved the love story:)

Jers.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they are some of the worst books out there and I read a LOT - all sorts of books including fantasy, sci-fi, etc. -about three a week.

I read the first book and some of each of the other books, because a friend told me I "just had to read them" so she lent me them.  I thought the writing was just awful and seemed to be written by a 12 year-old who used her thesaurus once every few pages to throw in a big word.  The plot about a weak-minded  girl and her controlling boyfriend was silly and immature as was the writing. 

Same friend dragged me to the first movie and I thought it was worse than the book.  I also watched part of the second to last movie and begged to watch something else after 15 minutes, even offering her a bribe to change the channel.  Most of the acting was the most horrible I've seen in a movie, although maybe it was the parts they played , but they were nothing like the book described. I do understand why the only awards won were teeny-bopper awards.

A friend (45) of mine was set up on a blind date (she was 41).  He called me about 30 minutes into and said "She is looking for her own Edward Cullen and I don't know what that means" I laughed and told him to get out of there as soon as he could.  I mean, honestly a grown women looking for her Edward?  I think there is something wrong with people like that!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I've never read any of the books or watched any of the movies.

frankie1971
by Sister on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I love all the books and I enjoy watching the movies. My husband and I have gone to see all the movies and have read all the books. He is my Edward. <3

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have just watched the first 2..Working on the 3rd movie.. It's ok, not something I can watch alot..But I do like it better than Harry Potter. And I just watched those last Oct when I went to my sister's to visit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN