Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw a post on FB and thought it was a good question..

The post was about seeing these commercials with these skinny woman who are doing diet (and exercise) commercials. The post said that it would be more realistic if there was an larger size or fluffy size man or woman instead of these skinny people. It went on to say that diet companies should gear towards the larger size that maybe the obesity population would decrease.

Thoughts?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I've always thought it was stupid to use skinny people in diet commercials.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hau_siyoka
(¯`v.´¸.´¸. (¯`v* ¸.´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.´¸.*¨) ¸.´¸.*¨) (¯`v(¸.´ Come join 40ish and beyond's ,)v´¯) (¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•´Siggy Emporium•´ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.• (¯`v(* http://www.cafemom.com/group/120085 *) v´¯) (¯`v ♥¸.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.•♥ *¨)
Yesterday at 2:23 PM
by Doll Baby on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I feel that any company out there caring about a healthy America will help with some free services....Clinics---offer transportation....So many pounds FREE TO motivate the rest in their pockets!!!

roxxyt
by Roxane on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I think most commercials are ridiculous, they show 20 somethings for wrinkle creams that don't work, skinny people for diets, only beautiful or what the products thinks is beautiful on all commercials. Then you have the ads for medicines that have way more side effects then the problem, and scare people or you have the people who think they have the problem and go to the doc insisting on the meds. TV is getting way to ridiculous. I wish they would just show real people on anything anymore.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting mrgetinold:

In my crazy mind its right up there with them women all in white that do the female monthly products as they smile, not cramping orhaving a zit or anything! I thought ads were supposed to reach their target audience! Cant figure it out! Duh

I see these ads and laugh my ass off as I get they are trying to prove a point but at what cost? This tells me (if I had a monthly) that I am able to wear white (no matter my flow) and I would be comfortable..

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Quoting starlight1968:

that's why i like the jenny craig ones that showed Valerie B.  they showed her progress.  i don't use the stuff or any of it really.

I like her, too

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

That makes a lot of sense, seeing people that look more like real people may help. I also think it is silly when they use skinny women in plus size clothing catalogs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)