Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

well i m confused now?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 164 Total Views

Just got off the phone with The mom at my ds school ( you know the one who its her way or the hi way type) her ds is kinda the same way too! well he is allergic to cats, yes i have one! i guess he is so allergic that he sneezes around my ds at school ( my ds showers, doesnt go to school massive amounts of cat hair, yes i realize he may have some on him b/c we have a cat, but i do try to lint brush ds before school and the cat gets groomed outside of the house to keep what flying hair out of the house!) well this mom said her ds now has a sinus infection from my ds coming to school with excessive cat hair on him, he has missed a week of school and has been to the dr 3xs! this kid has never been to my house, so its just contact with ds at school! she wants us to pay for his dr visits (as well as her gas, his meds and all) and she wants me to clean up my cats hair better then i have been, we have had said kid in ds s class every year since kindegarten and there has been no problem to this level until now! i know i m not the only cat owner in this class nor in the school! so why this mom singled me out i dont know! but on the phone ( and she e mailed the Principal on this as well) she pretty much said i and my ds where filthy cat hairy ppl).My day had started out so well before i got this call as my hivey dh finally went to work after a week home and 2 night hospital stay! i will not appoligizes to this women for having a cat, my son isnt a big hair ball walking arounnd school either! so im not sure what to do! i m hoping the principal dont call me into his office over this! i m just upset, i realize allergies are awful as i m also allergic to cats ( have done shots and drugs and all of that, so i know its a awful thing) but i never zereoed anyone out for making me miserable because they have a cat! thank you all for listening to my cats tail of woe! hugscat

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leighp1
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like this lady needs to get her ds a new doctor and leave you alone. Maybe he needs some allergy shots.  I can't imagine him going threw school with mommy telling everyone that has a cat stay away from my child (he will have a big target on his forehead)  My daughter is allegeric to cats and yes sometimes she gets itchy eyes when around people that have cats, but I would NEVER accuse anyone or ask for them to pay for our bills. And I will be honest I have a friend that has 5 cats and I consider her house nasty, but I have never said anything to her.  We just don't visit her a lot. Sinus infection doesn't come from allergies (if so I never heard of it).  Don't let her ruin your day!!!!! 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM

maybe she needs to change her childs class if she's gonna be so anal...grrr some people

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I am allergic to cats and I have three! And no they have never given me a sinus infection as my house is vacummed daily, and I can say I have never noticed cat hair on me or my DD for that matter (I have short hair cats).I think she is just needing someone/something to blame her son medical issues on and because she has talked to you in the past about your cats and the stray hairs she feels she is entitled to now. For her to contact the school is just wrong because I am willing to bet that 70% of the boys class has a cat and so how can she determine it was your your cat?

I agree with Leighp1 this woman needs a new dr or figure whyher son is getting the sinus infection and stop acting like a pest!!

Keep us posted! :)

LeetjieJ
by Gold sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
She needs to get a grip. She's being totally unreasonable - and, yeah, allergies do not cause sinus infections!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM

It's one thing to ask parents not to walk their dogs to school, but come on - if you have a cat your kid needs to stay away. That's unrealistic! If the kid's allergies are that bad I'd say it's either time for allergy shots or homeschooling.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM

that is total BS!

Write EVERY thing down... then put it in a sealed envelope and mail it to yourself.  DO NOT OPEN THE LETTER.  That is for safe keeping in case she tries to make legal trouble with you.  I would no longer take her phone calls.  If she leaves messages, record them.  

She sounds like a real piece of work!

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Well isn't that nice to know she's an asshat!  Let her wear that with pride and ignore her.  Stupid people.  Sorry you had to take that call.  You are NOT responsible for her kids medical bills and gas....she can put him in a bubble if he is that damn sensitive.

(sorry, I"m not very nice about crap like this)

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
lizzy-k
by Sister on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
she is full of it. my son has asthma and severe allergies. the only way that its possible that its from your cat is that he is hugging and rubbing all over your child. then her child must never wash. sounds like she is trying to get some quick cash. if my ds is around something he is allergic to then you go away from that area wash your face and hands and it usually works. worse case would be his meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
campingmomof4
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM

The school can't make you do anything.  She has to prove that it is your child and not some other million children in that school and bus that hasn't cause the issue. 

Don't talk to the lady again.   What ever you don't don't say anything to your child about it. 

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Sounds like she needs to get a life. Maybe she is one of those people who likes to stir the pot. I'd have to make her prove her child's problems are being caused by my child, and only my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN